Buses and Taxis Only

j4ck100

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was picking a friend up from a bar at about 1.30am last night in the centre of Reading, which is a complete nightmare for drivers as they have recently changed the whole lay out , and I think I may have inadvertently gone down a buses and taxi's only road, in order to pick up outside the bar. I'm guessing they will have ANPR and it will be a fine through the post will it ? How does this work if the person is disabled you are picking up ?!

Thanks

I think driving in, and stopping in, are different things. Might be worth seeing if pepipoo.com has anything on this. Asking a disabled person to cross a bus lane ain't on.

Tony

Is it a part-time or full-time restriction.
Although there are few bus lanes in my area, I have driven where there are part-time lanes and was amazed how few cars made use of the lanes outside of restricted times.
I would have thought 01:30 would be an unrestricted period if part-time.

As it was dark, did you see a camera flash? If not you may be worrying unnecessarily.

As it was dark, did you see a camera flash? If not you may be worrying unnecessarily.

They normally use infra-red ANPR cameras to police bus lanes, so there's no flash.

A few months ago they changed a small piece of road in Hemel Hempstead near where I live to bus only. They put up a small sign and didn't change the colour of the tarmac to the usual brown colour to mark it. Thousands of locals got caught.

They normally use infra-red ANPR cameras to police bus lanes, so there's no flash.

A few months ago they changed a small piece of road in Hemel Hempstead near where I live to bus only. They put up a small sign and didn't change the colour of the tarmac to the usual brown colour to mark it. Thousands of locals got caught.

I'm assuming your talking about Moor end road in Hemel

They still are :thumbsdow I travel past there to and from work and it still looks like a honey trap :rolleyes: still see the unsuspecting drivers going through and for the life of me cant see what any one has gained apart from all the fines being received.

PS the missus went up there twice when it was first restricted @ 5.30am and didn't realize until the fine was received, it had a video link of the offense and the rest of the family had a good laugh at seeing her driving up there :D

You have been warned HERE

ATB

Ron

GaryB said:
They put up a small sign and didn't change the colour of the tarmac to the usual brown colour to mark it. Thousands of locals got caught.

We don't get different coloured Tarmac for bus lanes up here.
Just signs and lines.

image-4129595417.png

I hate driving in cities, bus lane cameras, one way streets, traffic light cameras, speed cameras, traffic wardens, cyclists who wonder why the cars stop when that red thing is on, suicidal pedestrians who think their phone creates an invisible force field while they text

I hate driving in cities, bus lane cameras, one way streets, traffic light cameras, speed cameras, traffic wardens, cyclists who wonder why the cars stop when that red thing is on, suicidal pedestrians who think their phone creates an invisible force field while they text

i share your pain , we were in leeds for the new year , took a wrong turn trying to get onto the M1 and ended up in the city centre , i am extremely grateful there were very few cars about , what a total nightmare of conflicting short notice road signs :suicide:

Thanks for the information :thumbsup:

I'm assuming your talking about Moor end road in Hemel

You have been warned

Ron

I know that the streetview on google maps is out of date, but if you look at the image from Waterhouse Street, just before the roundabout, there is clearly insufficient signage to warn you of what the no entry - buses only refers to....

I sincerely hope that things have changed since the streetview car was last there !!

Years ago, I had to drop someone off at the bus station at the other end of the street every morning - it seems to have changed quite a bit since then...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom