Bus lanes are go!

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After threats of being discontinued, London bus lanes will be permenantly available to motorcycles :clap: Predictably the cyclist lobby claimed, despite the evidence, bicyclists would be dying in droves because of this decision :rolleyes: I'm happy to give bicycles room, and the only dangerous near-misses are when a Lycra lout goes to overtake a Borris biker without checking if anythings coming up from behind.

BBC News - Transport for London gives motorcyclists bus lane access
Ben Plowden, TfL's director of Better Routes and Places, said: "The two trials have shown reduced journey times and environmental benefits with no significant safety issues thrown up for motorcyclists and other vulnerable road users."

Official brief, and links to which lanes you can use:
Motorcycles in bus lanes | Transport for London

I don't think it will be to popular tbh.

We already get free (no congestion charge) into London as it is. It will probably **** off the Car drivers even more. Some peeps just gonna hate.

If there isn't a Bus Lane it's not like we sit in many queues of Traffic as it is :smashin:

It's nice though and good to see someone using their intelligence for once.

Axel40 said:
We already get free (no congestion charge) into London as it is. It will probably **** off the Car drivers even more. Some peeps just gonna hate.

I agree, I can foresee some car drivers doing some nasty stuff to 'get their own back'
I only hope the bus lane cameras catch them.
They'd rather beat us than join us.

I am a car driver and am in favour of this.
With just a little give and take a bus lane is fine for cyclists and bikers and it reduces the pressure on other lanes, a good decision.

I think all bus lanes should be timed (morning inbound, evening outbound) and available for use by all at quieter times. I also think that the rules could be amended to make them into +2 lanes for cars at all times.

Most car driving plebs on the road do not even understand how bus lanes work anyway!

They slavishly avoid them, even outside the hours of operation which really bugs me, as it causes unnecessary congestion. Mind you, I can't complain because it gives me unhindered progress, although a little hairy at times when wally in front decides to turn left accross me.

John7 said:
Most car driving plebs on the road do not even understand how bus lanes work anyway!

They slavishly avoid them, even outside the hours of operation which really bugs me, as it causes unnecessary congestion. Mind you, I can't complain because it gives me unhindered progress, although a little hairy at times when wally in front decides to turn left accross me.

I agree with u, but u can't complain about others cutting across u cos you shouldn't be undertaking anyway.

Agree. The main bus lane I often use is free of traffic most of the day, even though its hours of use are only 730-930am. I cruise down it unhindered, apart from the odd parked car that forces a move-out. I stick rigidly to the limit, and if they're moving slower then I pass cautiously under rule 163. Using good anticipation of the numerous traffic lights I often sail past dozens of them sometimes as I maintain speed through good judgement and they're all stopped.

I agree with u, but u can't complain about others cutting across u cos you shouldn't be undertaking anyway.

Wrong - it is permissable to undertake a que of traffic

All we need now is to open up lanes to cars with more than 2 people.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom