burtonpark's home cinema

burtonpark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been asked for some pics of my home cinema, so finally got around to starting such a thread.

The choice of AV equipment and the acoustic treatment and overall design is mine. I put all the AV wiring etc in myself but supervised a couple of carpenter/builders for construction., The room measures 7.3mx4.4mx2.4m (lxwxh).

The screen is an acoustically transparent Screen Research 2.35:1 cinemascope screen with electric masking, The JVC HD100 projector has an anamorphic lens sat on a custom ceiling bracket which I designed.

The RBH Signature speakers are serial no 1 of a limited edition of 100 speakers and are finished in maple. The left and right pair are full range with additional amplification for the lower sub section. There is a matching centre speaker behind the screen. The L/R and Sub speakers sit on a raised and curved front stage which is filled with sand.

(Stage Centre is another sub that I am testing, possibly for 9.4, but that is not normally present)

The accoustic treatments in the room include RPG flutterfree maple (side walls also helmholtz cavities), RPG Twin BAD Diffuser Panels front ceiling, behind the black fabric walls are Six Modex BASS Absorbers located behind the screen and the front left and right walls and the rear wall.

The six cinema seats are fully electrically reclining and the rear seats sit on a raised platform which has butt-kickers which I have never gotten around to connecting.

Hope you like it If there is interest I'll add more pics and more detail.

Now for those pics...

Last edited:
The pics

Attachments

• DSC_9624.jpg
    DSC_9624.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 5,023
  • DSC_9625.jpg
    DSC_9625.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4,450
  • DSC_9626.jpg
    DSC_9626.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 4,257
  • DSC_9627.jpg
    DSC_9627.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4,346
  • DSC_9630.jpg
    DSC_9630.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 4,378
  • DSC_9629.jpg
    DSC_9629.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 4,016
  • DSC_9636.jpg
    DSC_9636.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 4,156
  • DSC_9635.jpg
    DSC_9635.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 3,916
  • DSC_9638.jpg
    DSC_9638.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,886
  • DSC_9639.jpg
    DSC_9639.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,624
Last edited:
Speakers
Left/Right 9.3 RBH T-30LSE Signature Speaker Serial No 1 of 100 limited
Center RBH 6100 SE (behind screen)
Sub L T30LSE
Sub R T30LSE
Sub Velodyne DD18
Sides RBH 66 SER Maple - four off opposite seats
Rears

Amplification
Denon POA-A1HD (10x150W) L/R/C 300W bridged, Sides 150W, Rears 150W
Twin 400W power the RBH sub sections

Processor(s)
Denon AVP-A1HD
SVS EQ (eq for L/R Subs)

Video
JVC DLA-HD950 Projector
Screen Research 2.35 110 inch AT Screen
ISCO III Anamorphic Lens
Lumagen VisionPro HD Scaler

Sources
Denon BDP-2500 blu ray
Multiroom Network SageTV 4 extenders
30TB Movie Server/NAS Setup

Power Conditioning
IT-REFERENCE 16Ei DISCRETE SYMMETRICAL AC POWER SOURCE

Acoustic Treatments (RPG & Custom)
Front [Acoustically Dead]
Behind Screen - Twin Modex Plate 50Hz plus wall covered with 100mm RG6 insulation
Left and Right - Twin Modex Broadband + wall covered with 100mm RG6 Insulation
Ceiling - Twin BAD Diffuser Panels front ceiling

Side [Acoustically Lively Mid-High Frequency Diffusion]
flutterfree maple on surface with helmholtz cavities.

Rear
Twin BASS Absorbers Modex Plates

Last edited:
It was two years in the planning and component selection and room design and measurement, I learned acoustic science along the way! and the main theatre was completed (ie watchable) in December 2009,ie just over two years ago, we've had a few good parties since! but I can't keep from tinkering - I don't think you ever really finish as there is always something new to try..or break!

Last edited:
Well that's not bad :D

Excellent stuff, well done. :thumbsup:

Wonderful! Would love to see some pics of the aspect ratio masking being used for different movies.

That is AWESOME! :) Excellent job, mate!

great job! Love the Speakers! Could we see some shots of the PJ in action? Mind if i ask the colour of the paint on the ceiling? Do you get much sheen from the ceiling or wood when you have a movie running?

Very impressed indeedy!

Very nice mate. Thanks for sharing.

Impressive equipment list too.....

PHP:
dam those speakers are atonishing, which is why I bought them

These speakers are atonishing, when I heard them in Amsterdam - I knew I had to base the whole room around this satisfying sound.
There is a scene in king kong which I use as one of my reference scenes which I have never heard so well presented on any other system on demo or otherwise regardless of value

It's where she is on the log and the T-Rex is about to Snap at her!, before kong enters for the big fight. In that scene there are some knats in the teeth of the T-rex and you can hear the wings of the knats flutter as they flit around the dynasores teeth cavities, just before he SNAPS... has anyone else heard that level of detail?

Luv it

great job! Love the Speakers! Could we see some shots of the PJ in action? Mind if i ask the colour of the paint on the ceiling? Do you get much sheen from the ceiling or wood when you have a movie running?

Very impressed indeedy!

There's no reflection, the front (1/3) screen walls are flat velvet fabric (make sure the lay of the cloth is installed right and there is NO reflection) and the ceiling is chocolate brown but very very matt!, also the black fabric bad panels above the front seats act as diffusor/absorbers and create a drop effect to avoid any such issues ( at some point I may change this into one big star ceiling panel, that was the original design)

Very nice setup indeed, in fact its class! well done and get those butt kickers connected otherwise its a waste of good money and equipment.

Thanks for the response. I've got a dulux matt on the ceiling (think its dark rum3) and this was the closest match to my chocolate suede. Can you give me details of your brand? Cheers. Again, screen shots appreciated. Cheers!

Wow, great looking room, love the seating :smashin:

Added a couple more pics in post 2, showing the stage and view from 2nd row

Looks superb some great kit there!

burtonpark- I hate you :p

Seriously though most people can only ever dream of getting something like that. Me included!!

(green eyes over here)

PHP:

These speakers are atonishing, when I heard them in Amsterdam - I knew I had to base the whole room around this satisfying sound.
There is a scene in king kong which I use as one of my reference scenes which I have never heard so well presented on any other system on demo or otherwise regardless of value

It's where she is on the log and the T-Rex is about to Snap at her!, before kong enters for the big fight. In that scene there are some knats in the teeth of the T-rex and you can hear the wings of the knats flutter as they flit around the dynasores teeth cavities, just before he SNAPS... has anyone else heard that level of detail?

Luv it

Amazing setup!

I dont know if you remember but me and Bigbucks came and had a demo of this scene on your setup when he was buying your Velodyne HGS 18 subwoofer over a year ago. Also had a demo of The Dark Knight, fabulous!

I left suitably impressed. This is something aspire to.

:thumbsup:

the speakers were new to me, but my oh my do they look good...cracking setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom