burtonpark's home cinema

What an amazing setup. I used to have the same pre pro Denon AVP A1HD / POA A1HD :) 10/10 fantastic!!

It is a beautiful room aesthetically, but it's funny - it was state of the art back in 2009 but now, kit-wise, it's mostly redundant.

I mean, the speakers, subs and possibly the projector may still be in place, but the amplification, processing and disc player must surely be gone?

The point I'm trying to make is that it seems that a Home Cinema project is never finished, they're always releasing new kit and sound codecs and you have to upgrade to stay contemporary, which is a bit of a shame....

Yep
It is a beautiful room aesthetically, but it's funny - it was state of the art back in 2009 but now, kit-wise, it's mostly redundant.

I mean, the speakers, subs and possibly the projector may still be in place, but the amplification, processing and disc player must surely be gone?

The point I'm trying to make is that it seems that a Home Cinema project is never finished, they're always releasing new kit and sound codecs and you have to upgrade to stay contemporary, which is a bit of a shame....
Thanks for your comments, presently working on a new room in a new house, but those rbh LCR speakers were ACE, the poa amplification was ACE, but if any lesson is learned it's don't buy such expensive gear for an install...as it hurts when you leave it behind!

Ahh...just noticed it's been featured on the landing page and hence the revival of interest in an old thread, just to clear things up that was my cinema in West Sussex, house sold....with it all included, and now in Cornwall with new cinema projects ahead!

I know they say there's no press is bad press but, A heads up from editorial team would have been courteous and prevented the error in the title!

I'm guessing your an oak man, now your uncle marcellas...he's also an oak man :)

Very nice room.

I'm guessing your an oak man, now your uncle marcellas...he's also an oak man :)

Very nice room.
Actually don't like oak...too orange for me

Wow, Burtonpark, you did all that work on the HC and then moved? I think I would have stayed forever!

Mind you, Cornwall is very different to West Sussex and if an opportunity comes up in this life to make a change then grab it with both hands I'd say.

What are your plans for the new HC? Will you be creating another DIY Thread? Good luck!

Wow, Burtonpark, you did all that work on the HC and then moved? I think I would have stayed forever!

Mind you, Cornwall is very different to West Sussex and if an opportunity comes up in this life to make a change then grab it with both hands I'd say.

What are your plans for the new HC? Will you be creating another DIY Thread? Good luck!
Yep, plans to remodel the new house, but HC is part of that, so only a prototype in place at the moment and kit still evolving but presently 130" AT 2.35 screen, Epsom 9300, MRX720 driving B&W ct700 setup.

Fantastic job, enjoy.

Which is the Nicholas Cage film? Nice setup, don`t often come to St. Austell but would to see this sytem! Have just read that is your previous system, but sure your Cornish one will be equally impressive.

Which is the Nicholas Cage film? Nice setup, don`t often come to St. Austell but would to see this sytem! Have just read that is your previous system, but sure your Cornish one will be equally impressive.
'Knowing' decent movie with a great tube crash scene, keep an eye out for my new thread.

Just wondered how the new room might be looking ?

Just wondered how the new room might be looking ?
Thanks fir your interest
Coming along, final fiddling to add front baffle wall, I’ve told my wife I’m sure it will be complete soon?
9.3.4 layout
Trinnov Altitude 16
Nad M27 amp for front 7 speakers
Yamaha 5200 amp for rear and Atmos
9x Procella P6 Atmos bed layout
4 x Procella P5 Atmos heights
2 x SVS 16 left right subs
1 x Procella P10 balancing sub
Epson LS10500 PJ
120inch wide scope AT screen
GIK Acoustic wall treatments

Attachments

• 121D3918-DFBB-45C1-99F7-233671995E2F.jpeg
    121D3918-DFBB-45C1-99F7-233671995E2F.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 185
  • D17FEFEC-7104-4EF3-9D63-5FA3F5FD061E.jpeg
    D17FEFEC-7104-4EF3-9D63-5FA3F5FD061E.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 170
Great to see your new room Burtonpark, I never forget your original HT back in the day, probably the one room that left the biggest impression on me. As technology moves on and personal tastes with experience in terms of "what is your dream set up"
I love the all proceed speaker approach coupled with the Trinnov, must make for a potent HT first approach.
Lastly an unfair question, but how does your 2020 setup now compared to your previous setup, sound wise, would love to hear your thoughts.
Cheers Rod.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom