1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt DVD wont play on my player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dan76n, Sep 9, 2005.

1. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I am burning to a dvd-rw with my PC and cant get it to work on my Pioneer DV270 player. I have tried to back up monstors inc with DVDshrink and Nero 6. It completes ok and works fine on my PC but when I put it in the DVD player it says loading and then starts clicking really loud, I cant stop it unless I turn off the power at power point . I have also tried burning an AVI file with Nerovision express and get exactly the same problem. I think the disk is fine as a friend taped a tv program I had missed on it and it worked well and my pc is brand new. I have managed to burn a SVCD from AVI which worked so the burner seems fine. Im really lost to what is happening so any advise would be great

2. Bal2005

Bal2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It could be many things like the Disc's , you may have burnt it wrong?

You player does support DVD-RW right and you are putting in a -RW and not a +RW?

Also you will need to explain how you have burnt it in Nero ? Also did you burn as DVD-Video etc.

Thanks

3. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i have now worked out that if i burn to a Brand new DVD-RW, this will play on my DVD player but if I then erase the DVD-RW (fast or full) and burn onto it my DVD player wont load it. Has anyone got any advise as to what the problem is ?????

4. aldinho

aldinho
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why to Dvd rw, as the cost of media is so cheap why not to a recordable disc ?, also by experience the playing of discs from a pc to a Dvd player is a bit of a minefield some players will some wont ! i had the same problem with about 50 photo to music discs which worked on an old logix player but not on a Phillips !!,, ended up going to comet with the discs and tring 3/4 players till one played them.. it ended up being a Toshiba. the other players had a helium effect on the music...
    hope this helps..

5. Ian Ball

Ian Ball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Dan76n,

I have experienced exactly the same problems as you. When using a brand new +rw disk i can record on to it using my pc and watch it on my denon 3910 player.
    When using an erased disk I too get the clicking sound and loading message without it actually doing so.
    I can only think that it has to be something with the way that an erased disk is reformatted by the pc and it is this which is causes the dvd player not to recognise it.

6. Bal2005

Bal2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ok I am failing to understand this?

Ok what format are you formatting it on the PC?

DVD-RW can be done as VR or V disc's as far as I knew? VR being a format where you can record and edit/erase some parts of what you recorded on it. In other words like a RAM disc.

Pls explain how you have erased it? i.e. nero and what options.

Thanks