burnout paradise ps3 - no "sponsor code" menu?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by sigkill-9, Feb 7, 2009.

1. sigkill-9

sigkill-9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paradise car cheat codes are all over the internet, and all of the posts say to "Go to the Under The Hood menu and enter such and such code in the 'Sponsor Code' menu" to unlock cars.

I also read somewhere that you had to have at least an "A" license to use some of the unlockable cars.

Well, trusting what i've heard/read I played the game and finally got my A license just a few min ago but to my sheer disapointment there still is no "Sponsor Codes" selection in the "Under The Hood" menu..?!?!?! It was never there from the beginning of the game when I first started playing it, but I thought somehow it would magically be enabled once I earned my A license... but NOOOOOOO!

Everyone says to just go to the Sponsor Codes menu to enter codes but where the heck is it?!

I've paused the game and went into the menu system, looked through ALL menu selections and there is no Sponsor Code listing anywhere... Am I in Burnout Twilight Zone or something? It's supposed to be Burnout "Paradise" but now it's feeling more like Burnout "HELL"...

I have the US version of the game btw...

Help? :confused:

2. BT@HOME

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Press START then use the R1 until you see the SPONSOR CODES item near the bottom of the menu list.

You need to enter them in UPPERCASE, and you will have to make sure that you enter the US codes.....not sure what they are (google has loads of hits) but I know some of them have expired now.

3. sigkill-9

sigkill-9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did what you said, paused the game, hit R1 until I got to the "Under The Hood" menu, but I still dont see any "Sponsor Codes" item anywhere...

I pressed and held R1, nothing, kept pressing R1 like 20 times, nothing... Pressed R1 just until it got to the "Under The Hood" Menu, nothing...

These are the only items in my "Under The Hood" menu, even though I now have the "A" license...:

SAVE/LOAD
    Options
    Time of Day
    Soundtrack
    Roll Credits
    Screen Brightness
    Account Management
    Audio Device
    Back to Main Menu

4. BT@HOME

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Just tried myself, and your right !!

Since the 1.60 update the menu is no longer there (i know it was only removed in this version as I added 2 of the cars to my version just last week.)

5. sigkill-9

sigkill-9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rite, so, if I want to use cheat codes I have to delete all my game data and basically start all over. Meaning, NOT allowing the game to update itself, then going to the cheat section and entering the cheat codes, then maybe do the updates after that...?

Tell me.... How can one call it an "Update" if it downgrades something? I dont understand why they would remove the cheat code menu... that's just stupid. I mean, look what it causes someone like myself to have to do... idiotic.

6. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I suspect the rumoured "Buy all locked cars for £5" pack is the root of this lockdown.....

7. BT@HOME

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    You cars you could unlock were not worth getting upset over :rolleyes:

8. Hoopiness

Hoopiness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    It's an update, not an upgrade, that's why they can "downgrade" as you put it.

9. InsaneSeaLion

InsaneSeaLion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on my second run through the game and had the sponsor cars the first time through. I have also been trying to find the sponsor menu but alas, they have removed it. Thankfully, you'll really never miss those cars. They're just duplicates of a few of the other cars in the game with the specific company's logo plastered all over it. So, if Wal-Mart's F-1 Racer was truly your cup of tea, then you might be able to find someone with an old save file for you. Otherwise, I really can guarantee you will never have used them. (Yes, I also want to catch 'em all, but these will never be missed... trust me.)

10. kdc

kdc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    The only car that is different is the Steel Wheels GT... (nice for take downs if you get bored with the toaster.....)

11. user6667

user6667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the first and only time I will probably post on this site but this thread seems to be the only one that I can find that is addressing this issue.
    I was having the same problem and resolved the issue.

I had bought the game disc (not sure if this will work for DL users), played for quite a while but had forgotten about the sponsor cars. With the latest updates, it is not possible to enter the codes.

The work around for this is to 1) back up your saved game data onto a usb device (you won't need it later, but just in case) and DO NOT DELETE IT from your console, 2) delete the game data file for burnout (this is what contains the recent updates), 3) disconnect the console from the internet, 4) insert the game disc/start the game, 5) follow the instructions for entering sponsor codes (original Sponsor Code section is available for use); now go to the garage to check out your cars, 6) then exit and save your game just to be safe.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You don't want to have to play the entire game again to get all your other unlockable cars and beat the in-game challenges; but the beauty is that your saved game data will retain all that information. All you did was remove the updates to the game so you could get the sponsor cars.

7) Reconnect to the internet, your PS3 will automatically see the latest update. Install this and continue your Burnout experience with 4 more cars in your garage!

Edit:
    No need to back up your saved game as noted in step 1. This process is guaranteed and verified on another system.
    Still need a DL user's confirmation that this will work for them as well

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
  12. Kronkimus

Kronkimus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you user6667. All your info you gave works. On an added note... All the sponsor codes are case sensitive. "So if it does not work, make sure you dont give up... Try it both ways."

-Thank You Again-

13. Kronkimus

Kronkimus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ..::This is just a time saver for all::..
    Here are the codes and all info you need to do it.

Cheat code screen:
    While playing, press Start to pause the game. Press R1 until you get to the Under The Hood menu. Select Sponsor Code and enter the code.

Wal-Mart F1 Racer (US Version):

Enter walmart as a sponsor code. You need a Burnout Paradise license to use this car.

Circuit City Hotrod (US Version):

Enter circuitcity as a sponsor code. You need a class A license to use this car.

Best Buy Hunter Oval Champ (US Version):

Enter bestbuy as a sponsor code. You need a class A license to use this car.

Gamestop Kitano Sport (US Version):

Enter gamestop as a sponsor code. You need a class A license to use this car.

Steel Wheels Car (US Version):

Enter U84D 3Y8K FY8Y 58N6 or E165 6L1Q ZQ2H 10V3 or E60J 8Z7T MS8L 51U6 as a sponsor code. You need a Burnout Paradise license to use this car.

Steel Wheels Car (EU Version):

Enter Z891 4K88 IN25 79AA as a sponsor code. You need a class Burnout Paradise license to use this car.

Gamestop Kitano Sport (EU Version):

Enter B179 8M20 XA09 80FF as a sponsor code. You need a class A license to use this car.

Micromania Kitano Hydros Custom (French Version):

Enter H211 1Z99 LZ00 00BB as a sponsor code.

14. dsteklyannov

dsteklyannov
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

i have exactly the same problem, the only diffrence is i downloaded it from playstation store! i did exactly as u said and and nothin!?!?!?!?!? and i know that the sponsor code is unavalable after v1.6 and my is v1.5. y i have this problem?
    i have burnout licesence. all i want is the steel wheels car and thats it and i spend so much freacking time and still cant get it. wat can i do??? im going to reinstal the game and and try to do it. since i downloaded allmost when it came out i can down load the oldest version (ive done it allready before, nothin worked) if u can sugest me anything plz do. its already killing me:mad:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  15. Ed the Penguin

Ed the Penguin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Worked this one out - as soon as I did I just thought "Duh!!".

You can only use the sponsor code for retail versions because that's what it was designed for (e.g. if I bought the game from Gamestop they'd give me the code). Because the game is downloaded and not purchased from a shop it isn't designed for sponsor codes therefore you can't use it with the PSN version

I hope someone can correct me here as I'd love to get the Steel Wheels GT!