Burnout Paradise coming to the PC!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Just seen the news over at IGN.

Criterion Games, a studio of Electronic Arts, (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that the award-winning driving game Burnout Paradise is being rebuilt specifically for the PC. Burnout Paradise will be the first Burnout title ever made for the PC, customized with expanded multiplayer, enhanced online features, and community driven content.

Originally released for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, Burnout Paradise has won over 55 awards worldwide. Burnout Paradise delivers an open-world environment built for intense speed, excitement and exploration and sets a new standard in the seamless transition from single-player offline to social online gameplay.

Burnout Paradise for the PC will combine all the open world racing, intense speed and action of the original game with new gameplay for the PC version.

Gamers can tune into a live webcast at http://criteriongames.com at 8:00 AM PST on Friday, May 9 for more details on this announcement. For more information about Burnout Paradise, please visit http://criteriongames.com or the EA press website at http://info.ea.com.

Burnout Paradise for the PC has not been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.
The first Burnout game to appear for the PC. I'm actually looking forward to this and all of the community features should feature the format perfectly. From the press release it sounds like this won't be a cheap port - fingers crossed...

Miss Chief

Was considering this on the 360 but might wait, especially if it looks like that! Good opportunity to connect up my 'wheel again!

ha this great news! just when i feeling a bit down about PC games, this one comes out the blue and i LOVE driving games :D i used to play screamer, screamer 2, screamer rally and my fave by dice, motorhead :)

now all i need is a great shoot em up that will actually work on my HD TV unlike soldner X

maybe time to think about upgrading the 7900 GS ;)

addyb

Distinguished Member
This is excellent news!

Im a huge fan of the burnout series and they are probably my favourite "driving" games on consoles besides the simulators.

Ive played Paradise a few times on the PS3 and its lots of fun so im well up for this!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
It's the community features that really get me excited about this for the PC. Plus with the fact that Criterion are looking to optimise this for the PC makes it even more attractive.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
VE3D have a vid of the game running on three 1280 x 1024 monitors. It does look slick, but I'd never have enough real estate on my desk to accommodate that!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
That's what I was thinking, it seems to be running very smoothly (even at that resolution!) They do seem to be putting a lot of care into this 'port' so it bodes well.

Bretto

Ah the Screamer series. I loved those games !!!!
Actually tried running one of them before I got GRID but of course I couldn't be phaffed with the DOS setup!!!
So is the burnout series by the same guys? Simple and easy racing, just what I like. If I want a sim I'll load up falcon 4 :devil: