Burnout Paradise...any good?

splinters69

Distinguished Member
I got this new a few days ago and so far I have driven around at speed and crashed a lot. There seem to be no missions/tasks etc.
I bought this game on the strength of great reviews but so far I cannot see the appeal.

Am I missing something, need to complete something first etc?

Racing games not my favourite but I love Motorstorm PR and thought this might keep me busy until Gran Turismo. What am I doing wrong?

Lonely_Warrior

I got this new a few days ago and so far I have driven around at speed and crashed a lot. There seem to be no missions/tasks etc.
I bought this game on the strength of great reviews but so far I cannot see the appeal.

Racing games not my favourite but I love Motorstorm PR and thought this might keep me busy until Gran Turismo. What am I doing wrong?

stop at any traffic lights and press L2 and R2 together ;) There are different event types, RACE/STUNT/MARKED MAN etc. This is an absolutely fantastic game!!

MichaelGL

As you have been driving around, you'll no doubt notice coloured blobs on the minimap, this will show where the races are and what type of races they are. A star on the minimap indicates a burning route.

COOPERMAN

Hi mate
have a look here :smashin:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/burnout-paradise-ps3/989443-newbie-tips-advice.html

and here

Burnout Paradise PS3 - AVForums.com

Last edited:

splinters69

Distinguished Member
Cheers guys...thought it would be me. Can't seem to get into other games at the mo as I am hooked on inFAMOUS.

I will try those tips and see where I get...:D

delta.turbo

Awesome game and loads of us on here are on it regularly :)

Wingsurfer

im defo gonna buy! :D

Sweet, zombies are banned in paradise though :D

I do recomend getting big surf island as well, the other DLC is a bit meh but the island is deffinately worth it I reckon :smashin:

griesz1

Standard Member
Don't get TOO caught up in the racing. I think that's only a part of it. The game really is great and the racing is fun too, but like I said, if it's not your forté, there are other things to do. Also, the game is only like 20 bucks now and as fun as it is, that's a pretty great deal. I just bought a new copy from mobgob.com but I imagine there are plenty other sites. Anyways, hope that helps and hopefully you find something you like about it.

Take care!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom