Burnout Legends is just stunning

brain_stew, i've got the burnout umd. how do i go about using fastloader to up clockspeed to 333? i've got a f/w 1.50 btw

brain_stew, i've got the burnout umd. how do i go about using fastloader to up clockspeed to 333? i've got a f/w 1.50 btw

Just press the select button on the fastloader start up screen ie the screen which gives you the list of things you want to do.

great thanks! sorry for the treble post btw - something happened to the site and my reply just kept timing out

cool, just done it. is that my psp set at 333 forever, or will it revert back to normal once i turn off?

Burnout Legends scored 8.5 on IGN if anyone is interested. :)

The best thing about those reviews is that none of them mentioned any problems with loading :)

I had a quick game on it today. While the graphics are nowhere near as impressive as screenshots make it out to be, it's still impressive. Not as good as Ridge Racer (graphically) but a lot better than Need for Speed. Menus are responsive, unlike FIFA, Tiger and other EA games. Can't comment on much more as I only played one lap on Silver Lake (from Burnout 3) but it seems an accurate reproduction. For Xbox burners, it may take a while to get use to the controls. X is accelerate, while Square is brake/drift. Right trigger is boost and left is rear view. I know I pressed right trigger to go, and left to brake straight away.

All in all, I can't wait to get it tomorrow.

I got burnout today and I can confirm it really is amazing, my favourite PSP game so far...

I agree, this game rocks. Never played any burnout games before and I'm glad this is my first.

I managed to get it from Tescos Extra online for £20 :) - had two £5 e-vouchers + a general 'get £5 off £30 voucher'. Anyone can use the latter voucher, use code:
XX-WTPR at checkout. (credit goes to http://www.hotukdeals.com, although they said the voucher had expired and that it was only for electricals - it actually worked and it came up as entertainment voucher).

Z.
www.the-psp.co.uk

Road Rage on Silver Lake (FWD) is worth the money alone. It was great on the xbox version too, but now you don't even have to be sat in front of the TV to play it... a staggering game. I love it!

Just popped into game during lunch and swapped NBA Street + £14.99 for this, looking forward to a blast when i get in from work!!

i popped out at lunch time and picked this up today , been playing it for the last hour, very cool , first impressions though are that the traffic seems very light .......... mmmmmmmmm anyway still alotta fun , i'm off to find somewhere to hide and have another go !"""" :clap:

I read a review that said:

• Only 4 cars on screen at once
  • Draw distance means its hard to see oncoming traffic
  • Slight pause when game changes to next song
  • Burnout 1 tracks don't really work since gameplay has moved on since the 1st iteration
Could all you new owners comment on these please? :)

LFC_SL said:
I read a review that said:

• Only 4 cars on screen at once
  • Draw distance means its hard to see oncoming traffic
  • Slight pause when game changes to next song
  • Burnout 1 tracks don't really work since gameplay has moved on since the 1st iteration
Could all you new owners comment on these please? :)

1. I think they mean only 4 burners on screen at once. I know I've seen more than 4 cars at once.

2. Can be a tad difficult, but no more so than Need for Speed. It's something you'll get used to. I know I am already after only a couple of races.

3. Didn't notice that to be honest.

4. Having not played Burnout, I can't really comment. I heard Airports 1 and 2 were dodgy, and while it's not the best track, it's not too bad.

1.there just seems to be less pedestrian traffic, seen more than 4 cars on screen, only seen a slight amount of slow down when there is alotta partical effects.
2.yeah draw distance can sometimes be a prob, depends how old you are , ie how good your eyesight is , more a problem with size of screen rather than the game.
3.i have noticed the pause you mention but it really desn't bother me that much 4.as chrislad said airport courses are the weakest ones i have played so far ...

over all though this game rocks , any way must get back to it :devil:

1.there just seems to be less pedestrian traffic than i remember from the xbox version although perhaps thats to be expected , seen more than 4 cars on screen, only seen a slight amount of slow down when there is alotta partical effects.
2.yeah draw distance can sometimes be a prob, depends how old you are , ie how good your eyesight is , more a problem with size of screen rather than the game.
3.i have noticed the pause you mention but it really desn't bother me that much 4.as chrislad said airport courses are the weakest ones i have played so far ...

over all though this game rocks , any way must get back to it :devil:

Just finished the Compact races. I love this game. The only thing which is pulling me away from it is my imported copy of Burnout Revenge! The new Traffic Check mode is pretty cool but really easy (Gold Medal target was 500,000. I got 2.6 million first time)

Damn you ppl.....I was kinda on hoping to save my cash....sigh might need to go to town tomorrow :rolleyes:

LFC_SL said:
Damn you ppl.....I was kinda on hoping to save my cash....sigh might need to go to town tomorrow :rolleyes:

sell your granny, its worth it. You will not be disappointed with this game!

LFC_SL said:

I would not recommend any PSP game over this. It does kinda disappoint at first but after a couple of plays, it just wows you. I was disappointed as I foolishly expected it to look as good as the Xbox game. :)

axv said:
can someone confirm if you have to use the 'nub' to control the car? I can't buy any games that require the analogue stick as i find it completely useless (or i'm completely useless). cheers

No, you can use the d-pad OR the "nub" - I prefer the d-pad myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom