Burnout Legends is just stunning

Took me a while to get used to that on my JAP PSP alright, now I wonder why it's the other way. Only FFVII had the controls the JAP way in Europe. :)

emporer said:
I was a naughty boy this morning and downloaded it (slaps wrist).

Although I will definately buy it on the 16th as it's great.

Korum, I hate piracy too but come on the guy gonna buy the game. He's obviously not one of the sorts that downloads a game thinks it the best thing since sliced bread and then says it's "too expensive" ect.

Give him a break, bit harsh for a ban.

RE comments by Korum :- I use this method and always have and will use backup games for the purpose of weeding out the crap games. Many times in my youth I went out and spent 40 quid which took ages to save up and the game turned out to be complete drivel. At least now I can try a game, and then if I decide i'll play it alot then i'll buy it. I have bought Colin Mcrae yesterday which brings my psp game count to 11 originals. If I was just pirating games like you say then I wouldn't have any originals, would I ?

Your comments are not well thought out and you obviously didn't read the whole thread through properly.

I am not one of these people that hoard backup games, if they are crap then i'll delete them as i'll never play them anyway.

Have a nice day

Tetlee said:
Hi Emporer,

I'm playing Colin McRae right now, what can I say, fantastic game, although I'm hitting alot of trees at the mo :rolleyes: . Just found out about WAB Changer so now I'm a happy boy. Able to play all the latest games & keep it v1.5 :D

BTW, do you have yer little'un yet? best make the most of the games while you have the time ;)

Yep, enjoying Colin Mcrae so far, again hitting all the trees. Taking it to work today so will have a good go in between the cricket.

As per the little one, my wife had an unfortunate miscarriage, but that is life and you carry on.

Ripco said:
Any chance a moderator can ban emporer from avforums.It's an absolute disgrace the psp forum has threads relating to downloading pirate ISO's of psp games, I hate pirate software and the fact it's cursing the psp already stinks.

Ban people because of their opinions and what "they" do. I believe in free will and freedom of speech. The guy aint hurting you or no-one else for that matter. Just go back in your shell unless you are going to moan about something valid, please???

YOU WANT CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE?

The things people will do to get their post counts up.

Im all for piracy (the try before you buy idea) I always buy something that I enjoy.

Also I believe so far Version 2.0 has knocked piracy on its ass.

:hiya:

Ripco
Talking about pirated software isn't against forum rules. posting links to sites where you can download them etc is and will earn the poster a ban.

Back on topic, gamespot have given Burnout Legends 9/10. Out of 30 reviews, only Lumines has also achieved this score

Out next week right?

Have snooker to swap for it and cant wait.

Del Boy Smiffy said:
Have snooker to swap for it and cant wait
Its not that bad you're getting rid of it after 1.5 weeks?

Burnout may be next week, or week after. Can't trust release dates.

Ive not played snooker, kept it sealed for burnout, if it goes cheap i'll pick it up as i am quite interested in it. But money is tight atm so sadly i have to be picky. :)

emporer said:
Yep, enjoying Colin Mcrae so far, again hitting all the trees. Taking it to work today so will have a good go in between the cricket.

As per the little one, my wife had an unfortunate miscarriage, but that is life and you carry on.

Sorry to hear that friend, good to see you have a positive attitude, there's always the next time.

This McRae game's taking some getting used to, amazing how much I miss the xbox triggers for variable acceleration, oops. there goes the tail lights ;)

If your about 10 years old like simplistic controls and just press the button gameplay and absolutely love ' mind numbing ammeeerican rawk music' with a cheesey talk over WWF style then you will love burnout.

the graphics look rough, the cars are of the old hover slightly above the roadtype and its just plain stupidly fast.

On a bigger screen this could work but on the PSP screen its just a grainy mess esp when it goes off road

Its funny because I really enjoyed the originals on the PS2 but this is Not good. Wipeout is light years ahead

In case your wondering how I know I went to a comp fare today and one of the guys who sells PSPs etc had it runing on a machine so i had a go.
Needless to say I WONT BE BUYING!!

I disagree, the graphics are impressive and much easier to see stuff going on than the likes of NFS and MC3. I had Burnout 3 on my xbox ( yes i do miss the triggers alot ) and this is no more difficult to see whats going on at all. Yes its stupidly fast but then thats what makes Burnout such a great arcade racer.

In short IMHO if you liked Burnout 3 then you will love this aswell.

I'll love it then, cant wait.

emporer, I'm very sorry about my comments and I wish I hadn't hit the submit reply button now. You are right in saying I didn't read the thread properly and if you use the facility to find the games you want to buy I suppose it's just an alternative to renting games but it's open to abuse and 90% of people who download game ISO's have no intention of ever purchasing the game proper.

Like I said I hope you don't hold it against me as it was a misjudged call.

Spacecat said:
the graphics look rough, the cars are of the old hover slightly above the roadtype and its just plain stupidly fast
Well having streamed footage of it online, it looks fine. It looks better than THUG 2, which I have, and that has good graphics

And the point of Burnout is that its stupidly fast. Thats the main feature of the series, to distinguish it from other racers. At least do some research before posting opinions based on a illegal version of a game

Korum said:
emporer, I'm very sorry about my comments and I wish I hadn't hit the submit reply button now. You are right in saying I didn't read the thread properly and if you use the facility to find the games you want to buy I suppose it's just an alternative to renting games but it's open to abuse and 90% of people who download game ISO's have no intention of ever purchasing the game proper.

Like I said I hope you don't hold it against me as it was a misjudged call.

Not a problem, I know piracy is a big problem and it does affect everyone involved in games ( whether producing or playing ), but in this day and age I just find it better for my personal usage that I try them first. Like I said when I was young some of the crap I bought after saving for 6 months was unbelievable ( Ys for the snes sticks out in particular, cost me 55 quid import!!! ). I do spend alot of money buying hardware and software, my GC had around 40 games when I sold it and my xbox had about 30, if I feel a game is worthy then i'll certainly pay for it as the people involved deserve to get paid and i'll get many hours of enjoyment from it.

emperor, what are the loading times like on the game?

You're asking about loading times...on a version of the game on a memory stick...
LFC_SL said:
At least do some research before posting opinions based on a illegal version of a game
How do you know it wasn't a review copy?

I know. The memory stick is going to be faster, but not hugely so. Long load times will still be noticeable. GameSpot made no mention of the loading times, but then again, they gave FIFA over 8 so I'm not gonna trust them the whole way.

chrislad said:
emperor, what are the loading times like on the game?

Loading time is pretty much instant, nothing like MC3. I've not even noticed waiting for a track to load in. Don't know what it's like via a UMD but it's very quick of the mem stick.

emporer said:
Loading time is pretty much instant, nothing like MC3. I've not even noticed waiting for a track to load in. Don't know what it's like via a UMD but it's very quick of the mem stick.

Thanks. If it's pretty much instant off the memory stick, the UMD won't be that much slow, maybe 2 to 5 seconds, which is more than acceptable. If I had those 15 second waits like in Tiger Woods and FIFA, I would have been a tad ******.

chrislad said:
I know. The memory stick is going to be faster, but not hugely so. Long load times will still be noticeable. GameSpot made no mention of the loading times, but then again, they gave FIFA over 8 so I'm not gonna trust them the whole way.
Compared to disc memory stick loading is pretty instant like all cartridge-based games, so there's no way you can guess the loading times.

Do you have anything to back that up with? I've used Xbox games on Disc and on Hard drive, and while the hard drive is faster, it's not hugely so.

I've played FIFA on memory stick and loading is certainly not instant, but it is faster than UMD.

A hard drive is nothing like a memory stick, memory sticks are solid state. That'll be because FIFA wasn't designed to be played off the stick.

LFC_SL said:
Well having streamed footage of it online, it looks fine. It looks better than THUG 2, which I have, and that has good graphics

And the point of Burnout is that its stupidly fast. Thats the main feature of the series, to distinguish it from other racers. At least do some research before posting opinions based on a illegal version of a game

well you have seen streamed footage but i have played so perhaps when you are in a proper position to judge the gameplay and the graphics in the real game you will be able to make an informed comment.

maybe your easily satisified or have low expectations but in my opinion based on the 5 PSP games I OWN!! the graphics are lacklustre and substandard.

Surely the ultimate research someone can do is actually play the game legal or not. I have played the previous games extensively on PS2 and they were quite enjoyable
this conversion/version isnt very good IMO.

The gameplay has been dumbed down, the cars HOVER rather than feel like they are on the road and the whole thing looks messy esp when you go off road and the soundtrack and commentary is enough top make you want to throw the PSP put the window

Obviously your dying to play it and I hope you enjoy it when you get it , but in my INFORMED opinion it sucks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom