Burnout Legends at 333mhz!!!

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL!

Just played this game at 333mhz, it is almost impossibly fast! :D

Anyone else tried it?

How did you get it to go 333Mhz? Sorry for being slow on the pace, but I'm new to this.

Search for umd emulator online mate.

Down the rabbit hole........ :D

Hi mate, been interested in trying the 333mhz option.

When you say its fast, do you mean as in it is smoother and referring to how great the game is as its fast anyway....

Or did you mean it actually makes the game run faster than its supposed to?

it will make the game run more smoothly ie no frame rate issues whatsoever.

will also load quicker and will run quicker ie speed wise

It certainly runs quicker. Loading times are amazing at 333mhz. The con for example has been marked down in reviews for long loading times. At 333mhz it is about 3 secs.

Oh, so it's an emulator issue. I thought you meant that you modded your PSP to give it a bit more oomph.

I would download but I'm happy with playing it on my PSP.

I don't mind waiting, especially when I've got 100%.

Not an emulator - homebrew software allows you to change the speed of the processor and FSB in the PSP.

Indeed UMD emulator allows you to play game images from your PSP's memory card. You can make an image from your original disc and copy the image to your pro duo card. The emulator allows you to crank the PSP's cpu up to 333mhz from 222mhz that it is normally. Also as you are loading from memory card (not UMD) the loading times are all but gone!

Hem, this is bad for the proccessor. In testing, it can overheat which can cause it to blow. You can also run at 400 mhz on the clockspeed with ISO's but say goodbye to your proccessor!

Also, it will void your warrenty since homebrew is illegal. That's why 2.50 blocks all homebrew and ISO's (illegal system operators)

pspzones said:
Also, it will void your warrenty since homebrew is illegal. That's why 2.50 blocks all homebrew and ISO's (illegal system operators)

Homebrew is not illegal, it's just that Sony don't like it as it can allow people to run illegal copies (which is illegal). Homebrew itself isn't illegal and using UMD emulator to run ISo's of games that you own is not illegal at all. Also where's your evidence that running at 333mhz damages your processor? I've run my PSP for 9 months and used 333 mhz to no ill effects and everything i've read point to it being safe.

It all depends on how long you play your psp for. It is unlikely that it will cause any damage at 333mhz although it can. Running any higer than that will break the proccessor. ISO's are not illegal if you're using them for personal use.

pspzones said:
It all depends on how long you play your psp for. It is unlikely that it will cause any damage at 333mhz although it can. Running any higer than that will break the proccessor. ISO's are not illegal if you're using them for personal use.

I play on it quite a bit and it seems very stable at 333mhz, i'm sure that if overclocked too much (say 400mhz) then you will certainly run the risk of instability if not damage to your processor.

It's just that you mentioned above that Homebrew was illegal. There is nothing illegal about Homebrew per se and things only become illegal if copywrite laws get broken (i.e. downloding and playing ISO's that you don't own).

That's exactly what I meant but I wasn't very clear in the way I explained it.

Uhmmmmm....

ISO does not stand for "Illegal System Operator"...

:clap: sorry mate but uhh your post is constructed from a total lack of understanding of anything your talking about.

:clap:

"Illegal System Operator"!!!! :thumbsup: right on brother ;)

Cheers for lettin us know how 333mhz plays out, oh and mind you don't break your psp's doing your illegal operations ;)

333mhz is not overclocked it is the speed the processor inside the PSP was designed to run at - the only reason its running slower is because of power issues and no decent battery being available yet.

333mhz will be used in Gran Turismo 4 as standard, by which time better batteries will be out here.

Gran Turismo Mobile is slated for a 2012 release. (At this rate anyway) :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom