• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Burnout 360 £9.99 on Ebay????

phunt

Banned
andypearce said:
Well they've all gone now but I'm a great believer in 'if something looks too good to be true then it usually is too good to be true!'
Well thats usually my opinion aswell but with a feedback score like that and a full refund guarentee you cant really go wrong.

m40wen

Banned
phunt said:
Well thats usually my opinion aswell but with a feedback score like that and a full refund guarentee you cant really go wrong.

Oh come on chaps, it must be a con. A brand new title for £9.99, he could go into Game and get at least double that without any selling costs.

Stay clear.

m40wen

Banned
Sod that, just checked him out. All the items hes sold have been mainly past month, and the items are worth £1.

Something isnt right.

bishman

Well they've all gone anyway so no worries about getting ripped off now. There's nothing that looks too suspicious to my eyes other than the price. It just seems wrong though and there must be a catch there somewhere unless he's just stolen a batch and wants them gone quick. Maybe it was a lottery type auction where you buy tickets, then a random winner gets the game? I'm sure anyone that loses money would have a good case with ebay as there appears to be nothing indicating that it's anything other than a full retail version of the game.

m40wen

Banned
bishman said:
Well they've all gone anyway so no worries about getting ripped off now. There's nothing that looks too suspicious to my eyes other than the price. It just seems wrong though and there must be a catch there somewhere unless he's just stolen a batch and wants them gone quick. Maybe it was a lottery type auction where you buy tickets, then a random winner gets the game? I'm sure anyone that loses money would have a good case with ebay as there appears to be nothing indicating that it's anything other than a full retail version of the game.

I wouldnt go there with yours mate. It just amazes me how many stupid people there are in the world. Even if they were nicked, he could trot down to game and trade them in if they were wrapped/get credit notes and get what £30 for it. Something isnt right with it.

phunt

Banned
Well i got one of them ,and it isnt a great deal of money to lose so i'll just have to wait and see.The only thing that was a bit dodgy about the transaction was the postage.It says £3.50 on the listing but it charged me £2 inscurance aswell that isnt mentioned in the listing and i couldn't refuse.

phunt

Banned
m40wen said:
I wouldnt go there with yours mate. It just amazes me how many stupid people there are in the world. Even if they were nicked, he could trot down to game and trade them in if they were wrapped/get credit notes and get what £30 for it. Something isnt right with it.

He who dares wins roddders:smashin: Maybe hehe Its no big deal.

bishman

m40wen said:
I agree and it didn't look appealing to me even if I had seen it in time. But like Phunt says, it's not a great deal of money so no biggie if it's bogus. Usually when someones scamming on ebay there's a sign, even if it's burried somewhere in the description.

Glad you wouldn't go there with mine though, I'm so relieved. :D :rotfl:

m40wen

Banned
If it was real, id be more worried for the mental health of the seller.

Steve-L

phunt said:
Well i got one of them ,and it isnt a great deal of money to lose so i'll just have to wait and see.The only thing that was a bit dodgy about the transaction was the postage.It says £3.50 on the listing but it charged me £2 inscurance aswell that isnt mentioned in the listing and i couldn't refuse.

I'd be amazed if you end up with a full retail copy of Burnout for the 360... it isn't a great deal of money to gamble but he's sold 25 of these already - that's well over £250 with the postage and he's got a ton of other top titles on there for £9.99 too. He's only got to keep it up for a few days and he'll have made a fortune.

Hope I'm proved wrong for your sake.

gatty-jr-jr

I got duped by someone on ebay, but paypal were really good and got all my money back within 10 days with no problems.

Best thing to do is to email the seller and if you dont get a reply then start a paypal claim asap, the money gets held by paypal so the money cant be withdrawn by the seller.

then after 10 days if he hasn't responded to the claim you get all the money back.

Steve-L

gatty-jr-jr said:
I got duped by someone on ebay, but paypal were really good and got all my money back within 10 days with no problems.

Best thing to do is to email the seller and if you dont get a reply then start a paypal claim asap, the money gets held by paypal so the money cant be withdrawn by the seller.

then after 10 days if he hasn't responded to the claim you get all the money back.

I thought you only got your money back if there are funds in the sellers account for them to claw back? Could be wrong though... if I was him I'd be withdrawing the money on a daily basis....

m40wen

Banned
Steve-L said:
I thought you only got your money back if there are funds in the sellers account for them to claw back? Could be wrong though... if I was him I'd be withdrawing the money on a daily basis....

No it takes 5 days to draw into your current account.

Steve-L

m40wen said:
No it takes 5 days to draw into your current account.

Oh I know that, but so long as he constantly withdraws most people aren't going to suspect a thing until at least a week or two has passed by which time he'll have most of their cash in his account :(

jim_is_ere

I think it's dodgy - Why 9.99?

They would sold just as fast for £25 :thumbsdow

So I will be very surprised if a full working copy arrives on your doorstep!!

Jim

m40wen

Banned
Steve-L said:
Oh I know that, but so long as he constantly withdraws most people aren't going to suspect a thing until at least a week or two has passed by which time he'll have most of their cash in his account :(

Oh sorry, misread your post

Steve-L

TheBrentMeister said:
I'd say he sold cheap DVDs to tot up his seller rating, waited to get up to a respectable 150, then started the scam. IMO, of course.

I'm inclined to agree... in fact I fully expect him to show up as "Not a registered member" in a few weeks... :rolleyes:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Be aware people, although Paypal gives you peace of mind with getting your money back should things go tits up, you can only make 3 Paypal claims a year:lesson:

Worth remembering as last year I had to claim twice in as many months, despite everything looking genuine and prices being just reasonable. Use your claims wisely if you buy alot of stuff from ebay as it'd be horrible to think you don't have any claims left until next year(peace of mind gone).

SoleFever

The one thing that stands out to me the most about it is that he doesent tell you aneywhere on the listing what Format (Pal or Ntsc) or language the game is. I mean i know some sellers dont do that but for all you know it's the Jap version of the game.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom