1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burnout 3!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by NeilMcRae, Sep 10, 2004.

1. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    you guys have to get burnout 3 = ITS THE MUTTS NUTTS!
    Live support is awesome - easily the best racer EVER!

:clap:

Neil.

2. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    got this yesterday and had a quick 30 minutes online - it rocks... :thumbsup:

i have not tried the single player yet.

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Glad its excellent, it is on my wants (but soon to own) list. There are some cracking releases coming out between now and Christmas.

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    awesome game, played for 7 hours straight - my eyes were melting!! fantastic game - my only moan would be the audio options.

but easily a 9.5 out of 10.

Gary

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Still waiting for mine was meant to get it yesterday. :mad:

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Got the game now woooohoooo :laugh:

Anyway can someone tell me how to view what scores i need to get gold on crash mode? i cant see them & it wont let me move onto the 2nd crash track :confused:

{edit} Never mind found it :blush:

7. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Whats wrong with these options?

8. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i think the audio is fine. The soundtrack is terrihble but it supports custom soundtracks.

Neil.

9. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826

my problem with the audio is that i cant turn off the menu music and it defaults to the standard soundtrack everytime i play the game, thus making me change it each time. but this is only a minor niggle on an otherwise fantastic game.

Gary

10. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yep its great fun. Graphics aint bad either. But its not as much fun as the two Nam games that landed on my desk this week.

I like em.....

11. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,082
    I presume you guys are talking about the XBox version?
    Anyone played the PS2 version?

12. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    They are also on my wants list as well.

13. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Inzaman get them you wont be disappointed.

ShellShock: Nam '67

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242380.asp

Single player only but the graphics are very tasty. Its like GTA but in Vietnam. Great fun.

Conflict: Vietnam

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244268.asp

This one has fantastic multiplayer co op. Up to four players but great fun with 2. Quite challenging. I was disappointed with the graphics at first but soon came to appreciate them. I love the way you can play in third or first person. I have been playing this for hours with a friend.

I strongly recommend both if you like this sort of thing. Their is some wicked stuff comming out on Xbox in the run up to Christmas. So many games and so little time ;)

14. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    :offtopic: ^^^^ ;)

I'll be online tonight - hope to see some of you for a bit of carnage!

15. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Sorry but even decent racing games like this are a bit boring for me ;)

16. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    not that over excited about it to be honest.there are a few things that bug me to be honest.

1.that bloody DJ fella :mad: christ it was bad enough in SSX TRICKY

2.its no longer a racing game with excellent mass destruction parts its more 90% crashing and 10 percent racing.there is just to much emphassis now on banging and running on the racing section imho.

2.that soundtrack.i was made up not to see EA`S usually hip hop with everything soundtrack had been binned,but its not really what i was hoping for.still the engine noises are better :D

3.when you mess up a destruction level and you go to restart am i right in thinking it takes much longer than the second one to get you back racing?

4.FAR FAR to much hype before the game was released and mags giving it 10/10 which is absolute nonsense.

not played it to death to really get in depth but so far there my first impressions of it after 25% of the game completed.

17. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Cheers Harrisuk, will definitely have to get Conflict Vietnam.

Rented Burnout 3 and have spent the last couple of hours on it, would agree with Silverback about the dj, but at least you can turn him off during the game, and also it does appear there is a lot more emphasis on crashing as opposed to racing.

18. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Silver, have to say i agree somewhat with you points made.

1. that DJ crap, one word WHY??? atleast you can turn him off.
    2. i'm not sure that Burnout knows what it wants to be anymore. But this i'm not to fussed about as i didn't buy it as a racer, i bought it for the crash zones which were awesome in B2, plus the fun that can be had on Live with it.
    3. are you refering to the Crash zones, ie you mess up and want to press start then retry quickly to start again, if this is what you mean then yeah it is slower and annoying.
    4. i don't pay any attention to hype, no matter what the game/film. i make my own choices.

19. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    iamtheone yeah thats what i meant it takes FOREVER lol to reload and get you racing again.i never bought it as a racer either but i liked the fact it was like 2 games having burnout 2,you had the chaos and fun of the crashzones then you had the high speed over the top racing which i dont think can be matched by any game on the racing section.

now though it just seems some what soulless with to much emphasis on crashing in the races aswell as the crash zones which detracts from the craszones imho.the problem you have is burnout is quite unique it was a racing game which was so over the top speed and car wise that it kinda made its own genre.its not a racer but it is kinda thing

20. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Personally I thought it was a slick looking and well put together racer that just lacked the X-Factor.

Don't get me wrong, it's reasonably good fun but i'd give it somewhere in the region 7/10. It's pretty much Burnout 2 with a bigger emphasis on crashing.

21. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Ouch! You guys are harsh... No hyped game ever lives up to its hype, "best game ever" and all that, its guaranteed that someone won't like it that much. I can assure you someone won't like Half-Life 2/Halo 2 when it comes out, even though they'll both be crackin games.

I'd say its a bit harsh to criticise an arcade racer for being unrealistic, or for having an annoying Yank DJ you can turn off. I know people that would actually argue the soundtrack is good (they'd be wrong ;) ), with Franz Ferdinand and all that.

The mechanics of the gameplay are pure unadulterated chaos, and you've got to say its a top notch laugh...

[EDIT] But the Live implementation is rubbish. Typing in the lobby? Can't join 50Hz games? Not even Live aware? I can't join a single UK game atm. RUBBISH EA!

22. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Got this today on Xbox and played on it for a couple of hours. What can I say? I've been getting a bit bored with games lately but this has totally reinvigorated my interest. To put it simply, this is one of the finest arcade racers ever, or dare I say it, one of the finest racers ever. Period. Everything about the game it great but the most important thing is that it's groin-grabbingly fun. I mean, you will sit there with a giant grin on your face when you're playing this and if you don't you must be dead. The graphics are sensational, the sound in 5.1 (with custom soundtrack of course) is brilliant, particularly the wooshing noises when overtaking and the bass from the boost is ground shaking. The cars handle superbly and in doing so accompany an almost perfect learning curve. You can pick this game up and straight away be pretty decent at it, a feature lacking in many modern games.

Between offline and online modes I prefer the offline. The online could surely do with a patch or two, no doubt about it. Joining a game is difficult, even on UK servers but when you do manage to get connected the online performance is generally lag free. However, make sure players involved have similarly specced cars or there will be massive gaps in the race, eliminating the fun of the crashing element.

The offline modes are the best part though and I imagine this would be the case even with multiplayer as it seems to be perfect party fodder. The main meat of the game comes from the world tour which is similar in structure to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 with the globe from which you can select events in a non-linear order. There are tons of different types of modes and races but I really can't be bothered to tell you about each of them!

Overall, if you own an Xbox or PS2 you must buy this game regardless of what you think of racing games. This is truly impressive, and I'm generally hard to impress. 10/10

23. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    I've got the PS2 version and maybe that's a bit pants compared to the X-Box version but I don't find this game pulling me back for more to be honest. Like I said above it's a decent game but it's too much like Burnout 2, the graphics aren't much better and the takedown thing is just a novelty that soon wears off leaving you wanting to get on and race more. Then again it's probably a bit too arcady for me I guess. Decent game, worth getting for some multiplayer laughs but 7/10 is a fair score for it IMO.

24. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I spent a few hours playing the PS2 version last night.

I agree with most of the comments above.
    The initial loading of the game took for ever :mad:
    The DJ is poop, game play extremely fast and graphics very smooth but no real improvement over Burnout2.
    The take down feature breaks your concentration for racing and will take a while to get used to.

8/10 for me so far :thumbsup:

25. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    That probably is because you have the PS2 version.

I had the NGC version of burnout 2 and thought that looked amazing. Burnout 3 on XBOX has blown me away so far, graphically!

Just been having a blast, and the xbox live really adds so much to it!

I just hope there are police chases on this one, that was my favourite on the last!

26. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Live? I keep getting a "Cannot open communications channel" message before it logs me out. :thumbsdow

Also, when I'm waiting for the available games list to refresh, I keep getting logged out of Live, saying I've been inactive. It happens after leaving the pad alone for 5 secs - am I the only one getting this? I haven't managed to play online atall yet :confused:

27. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Apparently the PS2 version looks better (more effects etc)

I have the Xbox version because I wanted 5.1 sound but I'm a bit disappointed with the graphics. The PS2 demo looks better than the Xbox version.

The Xbox version looks fine, it's just a bit dull compared to the PS2 one. Graphics don't matter though when the game is this good!

28. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Really?? :eek:

Whys the PS2 version look better if the xbox is 3 times more powerful?

I'm not overly impressed with the backgrounds, but the cars look superb, almost as good as PGR2!

29. gtg60

gtg60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Still waiting for my copy from CD-WOW :(

30. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The lobby system sucks on this game. Many other people are having the same problem. I havent seen the communication error myself, but even when I run a server people keep dropping from the game. This is not a fault with connection as it happens on loads of hosts game. Poeple also seem to drop when the stats are being updated after each game. It gets very annoying.