1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BurningDVDs

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by roman700, Aug 20, 2005.

1. roman700

roman700

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'd like to burn a DVD with some video footage. First thing's first, I need to get a DVD writer!

Apart from that, do I need any special software? I don't think I can just copy and paste in explorer. If this is the case, can I get the software free (perhaps with a DVD burner that I buy)

Thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Video files on your PC need to be converted to MPEG-2 to be playable on a DVD player. To do this you need dedicated DVD authoring program such as Ulead DVD MovieFactory (~£30). Many others around the same price and up are available, but Ulead is what I use and can recommend it as giving good results and being very easy to use/learn.
    Some DVD writers are supplied with software that will get you going, but the chances are it will have limited functions. You would need to pay to upgrade to the full package to get everything working or replace it with something better. IMO you are better off getting an OEM drive and buying the software that you want - could save you money in the long run!

Mark.

3. Greenbag

Greenbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi eggshell,

Jessops are selling Adobe Premier Elements 1.0 for £64.99, which is a cut down version of their award winning video editing software. According to the Jessops catalogue, it will allow you to edit your videos, add effects and transitions and also allow you to burn DVDs all from the one interface! I would also recommend Pinnacle studio v9 but see what others have said about it as not everyone is impressed with it.

4. roman700

roman700

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you for the helpful replies....