burning!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by bunyboy, May 24, 2004.

1. bunyboy

bunyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    ive been burning cd's for a while now.. and have always had some cd players that didnt play them as well as others (it used to be just the one panasonic cd player in the living room that made the burnt cd's jump around a bit)..

ive just got a new MAC and a new set of cd-rs and the problem seems to have spread to the cd player in the car as well..

can anyone give me any tips on how to minimize the chance of burnt cd-r's jumping around in cd players OR even better than that, is there a way to stop it happening all together? if i have to buy super fancy cd-r's then it'll be worth it!

at the moment i have verbatim 48x 700mb cd-rs.. and a pioneer dvd-rw dvr 104

thanks all!

2. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I use cdex or EAC (both Freeware) to rip and Nero to burn. I use a variety of cheap cd-r disks without any problems playing on 2 car systems (Ford/Volvo). Why not try one/both of these ripping applications before wasting money on expensive disks.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd suggest CLONECD (now CLONEDVD).

:smoke:

4. bunyboy

bunyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    interesting.. i didnt think it could be a software issue.. i used to use itunes and it was fine in the car but im now using roxio jam and toast titanium.. cant beleive they might be the cause of the problem!

is the software you mentioned available for mac?

5. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    It would surpirise me if it was the software.

If you're having a problem with disks wherever you use them then we can write off the in-car system being the problem.

That leaves two things, it's either the disks or you burner. Try a lens cleaner for your burner, and also try burning your cd's slower (as slow as you can go) to see if this helps.

6. bunyboy

bunyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    ive tried burning as slow as possible (1x).. this improved matters but not completely.. i want to cancel out this problem if possible..

can you recommend a decent lens cleaner?