1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning VCDs

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by scott69, Apr 6, 2003.

1. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been burning projects successfully using Pinnacle Studio v8 for months now. However, all my projects are around 10 mins long and it is a waste to use a CD-RW for each one. Is there any way of getting several projects on one CD without keeping them on my hard drive until I have enough for a CDs worth?
    i.e. Can I get them from several VCDs to one VCD ?

2. JimM

JimM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Why not save to hard drive initially and then burn them to the Cd using something like Nero InCD, which treats the CD just like a drive. You can add projects to the CD as you want.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you want to make true VCDs that are playable in a DVD player - you have to burn the whole thing in one go. Multisession techniques like InCD are OK only for data CDs - not VCDs.

So, really, your only option is to keep the source .mpg files somewhere safe until you have enough to burn a full CD.

What you COULD do - is

1: Make your 'temporary' (10 min) VCD onto a CDRW disc.
    2: Also, save the .mpg file onto another CDRW as a DATA disc.
    3: Repeat the above as necessary
    4: When you want to make a 'compilation' - pull the various .mpg files back onto your HDD and make a new VCD with all the files on it.
    5: Erarse all your CDRWs and start over.