1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning software to cd/dvd and autostarts

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by oxygenuk, Aug 19, 2005.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    hi.

if i wanna back up a few programs on disc how do i go about it properly? is it just simply done through nero burning rom or something?

and how do i create an autostart so when the cd is put in, the program on the disc autostarts?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It depends what you mean by 'backup'. If by that you mean simply copy the contents of directories on a hard disk to a CD/DVD-R then yes, that's the main job Nero does. If you mean copying protected CDs like games etc. then no normal commercial package will do that for you, however there are of course such packages around. ;)

Autostart simply requires the presence of a file called autorun.inf, just look at any self-installing CD you have to see what it contains, or maybe use one of the numerous freeware/shareware tools that do that .. Google is your friend for that. :)