1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning problems with TDK Branded (8x) DVD-R??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Stuart P, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    hi all - anyone had burning problems with these?

{DV 3264} TDK Branded (8x) DVD-R in Spindle Tubs of 25
    ADVINFO: TTG02

SVP Price: £5.99 / Euro 8.61 inc VAT.

i got a pack the other day & have been trying dub hdd recordings to these (using the fr setting on my panasonic eh50). everything goes ok until about 8 mins left to dub & then i get an error message come up & all sorts of strange noises! sometimes the machine goes into 'self check' mode. sometimes the dubbing continues but when i watch back the dvd-r, there is a pause in the programme for a few seconds (like pressing the pause button but the counter on the machine continues counting) & sometimes funnily enough, all is ok & i get a perfect dubbing :rotfl: ....beyond me!

all very strange :( i've used verbatim & all those seem ok.

when i check the reverse side of each the disc's that have caused problems, in each case there is pretty much the same amount of space that has not been 'written' to, about a third of an inch from the outer ring

any clues folks?

cheers
    stuart

2. foneman

foneman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    yes, I have just tried these on my tosh XS32, and they are recognised ok - the only thing to be careful about, is it seems to get the 'storage space' wrong - I managed to dub about 2.5 hrs onto one disk, no complaints until I played it, when it showed the index ok, but got 'dirty disk' messages... yes, it seemed to have put the last .5 hr 'nowhere' ! :)

I then made another disk, making sure the 2hr 5min (displayed on 'remain') was observed - got a good copy, no probs at all!

3. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    mmmm.....it seems that if i try to dub using 'fr' then thats when the problem occurs with these discs. if i use normal sp mode then everything seems ok

very strange

4. loreweb

loreweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi foneman. What do you mean when you say "making sure the 2hr 5min (displayed on 'remain') was observed"??
    What have I to do before starting to record??

thanks

5. foneman

foneman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    well, assuming you do have a tosh xs32 or 34, load the DVD-R...

now press 'remain' on the remote - you will see the number on the right of the screen. (just check it says something correct!)

I have my bit-rate set to 4.6 which is usually SP - now press 'edit menu' and goto 'dub selected' and select your titles, making a careful record of the lengths as they come up, to make sure the total is not too much.

once the dubbing is finished, you can check the 'content menu' to see its ok, and then go back to the 'edit menu' and finalize..

I have used this with most of my recordings so far.

6. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    ah well....just had loads of these delivered -

{DV 3182} Pack of 5 Verbatim (8x) Pastel Coloured DVD-R (With excellent Taiyo Yuden dye)
    Probably one of the best quality DVDR discs in the world!

from svp & not 1 problem yet :clap:

cheers
    stuart