Burning Lightscribe discs - help.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by philipb, Jul 19, 2005.

1. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    So far I've not been overwhelmed with the results of my lightscribe efforts.

Using the Philips DVDR16LS and Nero for the burning software, the "labelling" comes out very faint, even using best setting in the Nero. The drive has the latest firmware I have updated the Nero package.

Any tips on getting the best from lightscribe?

2. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  3. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Thanks for that - really useful.

Semms its a generic issue - double burns are the way to go.

4. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Glad to help. In the end I decided to go with a ordinary multi-format DVD burner & will hold off on Lightscribe & see how the technology develops. Rumours it may be developed to allow colours to be done, although I quite like the monotone look. Have that site bookmarked as it can be quite useful. Hope 2+ burns work for you.

5. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I was looking at the Lightscribe system myself. It looks a good idea, but at the moment, my DVD_RW drive is still goong fine, so since I needed a new priter, I went for a Canon Pixma IP3000. this printer can print directly to CD/DVD. I think this is the better way.

The lightscribe system still seems a good idea and something I may get sometime, when my DVD-RW drive stops working and it have to be replaced, there may be more lightscribe drives on the market by then, in fact I expect it will be difficult to get a drive without the feature soon.

The problem is, how easy is it to get the disks and at what costs? Like Dual layer they are difficult to get at a right price.

We will see

6. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    There are some sites already selling the blank discs, at about 10p more than ordinary (branded) discs. Hopefully the situation will get even better if the technology takes off.

7. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    That is not bad I suppose. I will wait for a while, just in case it all fails.
    Mind you I think the best thing is to get a printer that prints on DVD/Cd and buy the printable disk, they are cheap and the quality is so good.