1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning AVI to DVD format

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mph8873, Nov 28, 2003.

1. mph8873

mph8873

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to burn .avi files on to a dvd in a format which is readable by my dvd player (I know it can take both DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW).

I have managed to convert the .avi file to a .vob file using WinOnCD (the .avi was 650mb and the new .vob was 3.3gb) and then tried burning the .vob file onto disc - but without the menu structure required by DVD, it will not play.

I have tried creating a "DVD Video Disc" using Nero 6 but it will not accept the .vob file into the DVD file structure saying that it is too big and the limit is 2gb and that I should create the disc using UDF as opposed to ISO.

This is where I start to get lost.... am I barking up the wrong tree or is there a simpler way of doing this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You might also want to try posting this in the Computer Hardware forum further down the main page, they've helped me out in there more than once :D

Regards,
    Iain.

p.s. Welcome to the forums mate :hiya:

4. mph8873

mph8873

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Foxymulder & Iain - thanks very much, the link is great and thanks for the welcome!:D