1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a hole!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dreeko, Aug 3, 2005.

1. dreeko

dreeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have been dipping into this forum on and off over 6 months now (could be a year) and i have also been sifting through pricerunner for the best deals on various projectors

now , after some considerable time i finally have convinced the wife that a projector is a must and with a new extension stuck onto the house (5m x 3m) i now have a room that i think would be be fairly suitable

the funds i have available are £500 ish so i realise that i am fairly limited with the models that are available to me

one model that has been rising to the surface during my numerous searches is the epson tw10h my reason being that the wife is a migraine sufferer on occasion and this rainbow thing from a dlp machine could be a problem for us, also the price seems to be reasonable considering the spec, the reviews ive read are all thumbs up, bulb price seems to be very good in comparason to other makes (about £130)

my worries are:

the size of the thing...its huge!

is the rainbow issue really such an issue or is it something lcd owners big up to make them feel better about their choice

is the quality of picture from a dlp that much better in my price range for me to chance this rainbow thing

ive read quite a few posts on this forum about dead pixels on the tw10h and also power supply problems that people have suffered , so are these people the noisey minority or is it a persistant design flaw

this is the time of year where it seems like prices start to fall on some models so should i wait and see what else pops into my price bracket

and what of these benq models under £500 are the worth the rainbow gamble

and finally some git in pc world threw a spanner in the works telling me that lcd models wear out the lcd part with the heat over time (while you think its the bulb that is going it is actually the projector its self?) where as dlp by its reflecting nature doesnt

i need someone to take me by the scruff of the neck and drag me to the checkout counter and say BUY THIS!!!, YOU DITHERING EEJIT!!

..........please help! or i will be going round in cirlces forever

thankyou in advance

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Epson TW10H is a very good machine by all accounts, LCD's don't last forever but what does? Benq 5120 is also good value for money but if you are buying blind the TW10 is probably the safest bet.

GO TO OYYY AND BUY THE TW10 YOU DITHERING EEJIT!!

...PJ :)

3. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    sure the Epson is a biggie but if you put it on a coffee table for casual use you can always put it back in its bag until you need it again...I'd rather have a big projector than no projector at all...

4. dreeko

dreeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im certainly leaning in that direction just need a few more shoves

anyone else got an opinion on this one for me?

5. dreeko

dreeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok! ok! ive done it .....i went for the epson....should arrive tomorrow