Burn Windows Movie Maker 10 project to DVD

Christoc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am attempting to burn a file i have created in Windows Movie Maker 10 project to a DVD.

Within WMM10 i have created a project, and in WMM10 parlance created a "DVD". So i just want to transfer that to a physical DVD which i can give to someone.

I had hoped that as it was created as a "DVD" there would be an easy way to burn it; but i haven't found how to do this. Therefore i was looking round for software to do this and found the software "AVStoDVD", so tried this but unfortunately am getting the error "Error Cannot locate Title 1 source files. Process aborted.".

Would appreciate advice firstly as to whether there is an easy way to burn to physical DVD that i'm missing, or how to get around the error.

Many thanks!

I'd be rather skeptical about anything calling itself 'Windows Movie Maker' as that was the name of a popular Microsoft product discontinued a few years ago (which never had a version 10).

But anyway, what's the actual end result that it has produced. Is it a single file or a folder full of files? What type of files are they?

I'd be rather skeptical about anything calling itself 'Windows Movie Maker' as that was the name of a popular Microsoft product discontinued a few years ago (which never had a version 10).

But anyway, what's the actual end result that it has produced. Is it a single file or a folder full of files? What type of files are they?

My mistake! It is "HD Movie Maker - PRO" and I got it from the Microsoft store.

I produced a 'project' and then save as 'video'.
The output is a single file with format "AVStoDVD", It has an extension of "a.2d" e.g. "AVStoDVD Project (.a2d).

That sounds like it's (simply) a project file; i.e. a set of instructions (for edits, crops, etc..) that still need to be applied to the source material. I don't know the app itself, but there should be an option in there to export, share, render or some similar term. It is that step that applies your instructions to the source and creates a new actual output file.

My mistake! It is "HD Movie Maker - PRO" and I got it from the Microsoft store.

I produced a 'project' and then save as 'video'.
The output is a single file with format "AVStoDVD", It has an extension of "a.2d" e.g. "AVStoDVD Project (.a2d).

AVStoDVD requires Imgburn installed alongside it to burn the video to DVD, you must click the output menu in AVStoDVD and select the output from there.

If you want as little hassle as possible buy ConvertXtoDVD that is the most straight forward approach, it will convert, generate menu then burn it to DVD-R.

AVStoDVD requires Imgburn installed alongside it to burn the video to DVD, you must click the output menu in AVStoDVD and select the output from there.

If you want as little hassle as possible buy ConvertXtoDVD that is the most straight forward approach, it will convert, generate menu then burn it to DVD-R.
Ahhh, thanks i'll give this a go over the weekend.

I've given this a go but am struggling....
ConvertXtoDVD - It does not recognise the 'DVD' i created in HD Movie Maker - PRO as supported.

Imgburn - i installed this too. How does this work alongsides AVStoDVD? I tried to burn the 'DVD' created directly using Imgburn, but couldn't find how to do it. Do i need to do something in AVStoDVD first?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Ahhh, thanks i'll give this a go over the weekend.

I've given this a go but am struggling....
ConvertXtoDVD - It does not recognise the 'DVD' i created in HD Movie Maker - PRO as supported.

Imgburn - i installed this too. How does this work alongsides AVStoDVD? I tried to burn the 'DVD' created directly using Imgburn, but couldn't find how to do it. Do i need to do something in AVStoDVD first?

Many thanks!
Drop the source video (mp4/mkv/mpg etc) into ConvertXtoDVD not the avs file. If you dont have this go back into your editor and save as digital video not DVD.

If AVStoDVD has an option to save the video as .iso that is a disc image, you can save that then feed that into Imgburn.

That sounds like it's (simply) a project file; i.e. a set of instructions (for edits, crops, etc..) that still need to be applied to the source material. I don't know the app itself, but there should be an option in there to export, share, render or some similar term. It is that step that applies your instructions to the source and creates a new actual output file.
Thanks
Drop the source video (mp4/mkv/mpg etc) into ConvertXtoDVD not the avs file. If you dont have this go back into your editor and save as digital video not DVD.

If AVStoDVD has an option to save the video as .iso that is a disc image, you can save that then feed that into Imgburn.
Super. Thanks for your help.

I have got it working on ConvertXtoDVD. When i saved the 'DVD' in the MS software i had left it as default values, which included "MP4". I changed this to "WMM" format and then it burnt correctly in ConvertXtoDVD.

Do you know how to get a free version of ConvertXtoDVD (i am using it on the 7 day free trial)?

Note to self for future reference!: I had also thought it wasnt working properly once burnt as it had the properties title on the DVD and was scrolling through latter images; but this was just the menu screen!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom