1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn a DVD with Toshiba RD-XS32 cant be viewed on other Stand alone players WHY???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ozyredeye, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Ozyredeye

Ozyredeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Recorded a movie onto the HDD got a blank disc ,burnt the movie onto it
    and took it to a mates place to watch the movie ....and he's player said unable to
    read this type of format How Stupid is that :suicide: !!!!!!!! So I ask you what if you took your video footage of the kids
    and uploaded it to HDD then burnt a copy and took it your parents to watch ..would it
    do the same thing ...unable to read format recorded ???
    or is there a way around this ????
    What format does it record on the Disc as XP is unable to read it as well...where can you download the format so that you can view it on you PC ???

thanks Martin
    :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    What type of disk are you trying? If it is a DVD-RAM it will not play in other players (unless it is a Panasonic or JVC model). You will also have trouble playing it on your PC unless you have a compatible drive (from LG, Hitachi, Panasonic, Samsung, Toshiba and others).

If it is a DVD-RW or DVD-R have you finalised the disk?
    If your using DVD-RW disks (and you have finalised the disk) why not try DVD-R as these disks have significantly higher compatibility. Also check compatibility of the DVD players your trying to play your disks on by looking at the online database here.

What brand of media are you using? Some dirt cheap media doesn't work as well as more expensive, branded disks.

3. Ozyredeye

Ozyredeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that
    I'm using DVD-RW just to test it first ..it was an LG brand ...my other DVD-R are Ritekx4 they have been good in the past

If it is a DVD-RW or DVD-R have you finalised the disk? .....
    No I dindnt how or were inthe book dose it tell you how to ???

Many thanks M.

4. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    Press DVD,Easy Nav then Finalize that horny minx

5. chris-j

chris-j
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Tosh doesn't put an AUDIO_TS folder on discs therefore lots of players wont play without this folder even though it is normally empty.

I copy to RAM then create DVD on PC, but takes time as RAM uses VR mode.
    You can copy to DVD-R, copy this disc on a PC with an empty AUDIO_TS folder and it will work but you then use two discs for each recording. I've not tried DVD-RW yet but presume Tosh records in same way on RW as R therefore you could copy on RW, use PC to copy to blank DVD-R and add an AUDIO_TS folder before closing the disc.