• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Burford, gateway to the Cotswolds

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Less than 2 hours by car to the west of London lies the Oxfordshire market town of Burford. Here are some views in and around the town shot on a (rare ;)) sunny day with a D300 and 18-200VR lens.

1) Rolling English countryside and rapeseed fields.

2) Rapeseed close up

3)

4)

5) Cotswold stone prevails

6) The parish church

7) An English country garden

8)

9) One of the many pubs

10) These old style red telephone kiosks are not so common these days :(

Tobers

Prominent Member
Certainly looks very pretty - the archetypal English country village. Well captured despite the harsh lighting you had to contend with. You'd certainly sell it well from a tourist perspective.

I like #3 for some reason - I think I want to see what's round the bend.

springtide

Distinguished Member
All nicely captured and very English!!!

My only disapointment i that you hav failed to 'name' #3, #4 and #8.

How about....

#3 : Riverside Lane
#4 : A Room With a View
#8 : The stone on the Bend

OK maybe not the best titles ;)

I

imcarm

I like all but one mate. Very English country indeed :thumbsup:

The one I don't like is #4 - The trees on the horizon seem to have a different shade of sky on them, the sky looks much brighter through the branches, the tree on the right above the house looks a little odd also, so for the neg but I think this one suffers from over processing.

The rest of them like I said are great though, my fav would have to be #2 Rapeseed close up, beautiful shot :)

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
The one I don't like is #4 - The trees on the horizon seem to have a different shade of sky on them, the sky looks much brighter through the branches,

Well spotted that man. That was very careless of me :mad:

Thanks for the comments.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom