• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bunny Rabbit

Mike.P®

Well-known Member
Took this early today and have to say I am rather pleased with it, especially for a "budget" Pentax camera and questionable quality Sigma lens. :rolleyes:

Only trouble is I wish the other ear was showing a bit more.





Bunny Rabbit by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Camera Pentax K-5
Lens Sigma 50-500mm DG EX f4-6.3 Bigma
Exposure 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 500 mm
Focal Length 500.0 mm
ISO Speed 400
 

senu

Distinguished Member
All brand banter aside, it is lacking a little sharpness... but can see why you like it. ;)
Sharpness actually looks fine to me even on flickr at 1024 x 683, ( within the limits of shallow DOF)
It is " charming" :)
Hmm Im probably underpaid , Im not sure i could get a "Budget" K-5 painlessly . It did cost a fair bit at launch..
 
Last edited:

Mike.P®

Well-known Member
No sharpening done on it anyway, I am using a 8 year old laptop to process pictures on after my dear son emptied a full bottle of fairy liquid over mine yesterday.

Take 30 mins just to load it into lightroom never mind actually do anything like sharpening. :laugh:
 

shotokan101

Banned
Mike.P®;14562138 said:
Took this early today and have to say I am rather pleased with it, especially for a "budget" Pentax camera and questionable quality Sigma lens. :rolleyes:

Only trouble is I wish the other ear was showing a bit more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25[email protected]/5680853774/image




Bunny Rabbit by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Camera Pentax K-5
Lens Sigma 50-500mm DG EX f4-6.3 Bigma
Exposure 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 500 mm
Focal Length 500.0 mm
ISO Speed 400

PMSL Mike :rotfl:

Nice shot - sharp enough for me but wouldn't mind a "pixel peep" at full res. :)

JIm
 

senu

Distinguished Member
Mike.P®;14562281 said:
No sharpening done on it anyway, I am using a 8 year old laptop to process pictures on after my dear son emptied a full bottle of fairy liquid over mine yesterday.

Take 30 mins just to load it into lightroom never mind actually do anything like sharpening. :laugh:

It still works...:eek: ! ....
As I said any softness may be due to shallow DOF, Im fine with it.... Sharpness remains on flickr larger size
 

shotokan101

Banned
Mike.P®;14562434 said:
There you go Jim ... LINK to the full size file. Click on Download.
Only thing done was converted from Raw to Jpeg and a slight crop.

Cheers Mike - will download and have a Peek :D

Jim
 

senu

Distinguished Member
Mike.P®;14562434 said:
There you go Jim ... LINK to the full size file. Click on Download.
Only thing done was converted from Raw to Jpeg and a slight crop.

Why is your Flickr full size smaller? ..Non Pro?
 

shotokan101

Banned
Why is your Flickr full size smaller? ..Non Pro?

Just the size he uploaded - Mike is a "Pro" - in all senses of the word ;)

Jim
 

senu

Distinguished Member
Just the size he uploaded - Mike is a "Pro" - in all senses of the word ;)

Jim
The Flickr one is smaller than the one he linked
As for Mike being a Pro.. well depends on what you shoot with... seems hes got all that sorted...:devil::p !
 

senu

Distinguished Member

shotokan101

Banned
Certainly not an Ugly Duckling Mike :smashin:

Jim
 

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom