Bundle Price Question

Jay1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at getting a PS4 having had an XB360 for years. I had been looking pre and post Christmas at some of the bundles, and some of the deals on offer were excellent. Unfortunately though I didn't have funds pre-Christmas. By the time I had money available and had decided to definitely get one the prices have rocketed.

For example, at the end of last week Game had a deal for the console, GTA5, drive club and something else that I don't remember for £349.99. Before Christmas there were some even better deals than that available.

This week for just the console and GTAv OR drive club game want £389.99 or £359.

I know I've missed the boat with the big post boxing day and early January sale but does anyone know if the bundles offered are likely to improve in price/content again in the near future or will they remain as they are until the next big sale (spring or summer)?

I know it's a bit of a crystal ball question but didn't know if anyone kept an eye on these sort of things previously.

Cheers

Have a nosey here PS4 Deals, Compare 123 Console Bundles from £294.99 - Console-Deals.com they list the best deals. One on Ebay for £359.99 with three games.

I was holding off buying a PS4 until No Mans Sky was released, however the winter deals where pretty good so treated myself.

There will always be deals and offers on somewhere but you might have missed out for a good few months.

Cheers, will keep an eye on that.

I'm a bit reluctant to buy from ebay, trust issues :)

Really frustrating that there has been such a sharp increase since just before and just after Christmas.

I am the same Jay I don't even have an Ebay account. If I was you and I wanted one now I would buy a PS4 console only from SimplyGames for £299.99 and buy some second hand games from AVF classifieds. You could easily get three or four games for less than £50 not including GTA V which is around £30 second hand still.

I think that's what I'll end up doing. I've just seen that Tesco have the Drive Club pack still for £299 so might well get that and then go for a couple of second hand games.

That's a decent deal to be fair, if your not into driving games you will get around £20 for Driveclub. Don't forget you also get free games with the PlayStation Network service.

Free games? Ha I didn't know that. I'll be honest I know very little about playstation, not had one since PS2 days, but fancy a change from xBox.

Will do some swatting up on PSN and these free games. Always like a bit of free :)

It's called PlayStation Plus it's just the same as Xbox Live. Every month you get a couple of free games. This months free games are inFAMOUS First Light and The Swapper for the PS4.

Well how annoying. Sold my Xbox yesterday, now the £299 deal at Tesco has gone and there seem to be no decent bundle deals about at all :(

Loads of Xbox one deals but nowt on PS4

It's not a bundle but SimplyGames had the console only for £279.99 the other day.

Cheers I'll have a look. Are simplygames a reliable retailer. I've never actually heard of them?

Last edited:
It seems the stars are against you Jay hehe. I have used SimplyGames many times in the past but only for Steam game codes.

I was going to buy my console from them but the Game bundle deals where better.

Richer Sounds has the PS4 with Drive Club and GTA V for £349.99. Think you have to collect from store though:

Richer Sounds

You my friend are an absolute star!!!! That is far and away the best deal about at the minute.

Would not have even thought about looking at Richer's for a Playstation. Bought several things from them before but never seen gaming in there.

Order placed :)

You my friend are an absolute star!!!! That is far and away the best deal about at the minute.

Would not have even thought about looking at Richer's for a Playstation. Bought several things from them before but never seen gaming in there.

Order placed :)

Nice one!

I got TLOU, GTA V, COD:AW and Drive Club from Game for £349.99 at Christmas. Couldn't hold off at that price.

Wish I had been looking before Christmas as that is a real steal and I'd have definitely gone for that.

From what I can tell, current deal prices are going up rather than down. Even the drive club only box has crept up to a minimum of £349 everywhere I look, so I'm really pleased that Sebastalona found the Richer bundle.

I went with the white bundle from Argos with last of us, GTA and far cry all physical copies for £349 back at Xmas, only problem is it makes me want the white Xbox One.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom