Bundesliga

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
I’m still struggling to see where all the Sancho hype comes from.

All he’s done in half an hour is run around pretending he’s Jesse Lingard
Good watch that, but your right about Sancho looked fat and unfit.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Didnt watch the 2nd half as I took the boys out to play football....but not seen anything from Sancho past few games. Is he unfit / coming back from an injury as he isn't starting.

Bayern are a decent watch though. real mix of talent, pace, guile.....but Neuer looks to be on the wane

deon444

Distinguished Member
And I think these type of matches show the effect of playing bcd at home. Having a full house and a wall of yellow would've helped them no end. And a far better spectacle than with an empty stadium.

Home fans are a great leveller in games,that's why there has been plenty of giant killings at home vs playing away,especially the smaller teams.

Certainly wont be watching any champions league when its played bcd.

Only sport that probably could work without fans is F1. But anything else like football,cricket,tennis etc all need fans present.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
And I think these type of matches show the effect of playing bcd at home. Having a full house and a wall of yellow would've helped them no end. And a far better spectacle than with an empty stadium.

Home fans are a great leveller in games,that's why there has been plenty of giant killings at home vs playing away,especially the smaller teams.
Agree. With fans that handball at the end is at least getting looked at and who knows what might’ve happened had that been given / tucked away

tanglung

Distinguished Member
Only sport that probably could work without fans is F1. But anything else like football,cricket,tennis etc all need fans present.
County Cricket rarely has many spectators. BCD football doesn't work too well I agree,fair play to the Germans though,they seem to be adapting to it.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Well i really enjoyed that 1st half (didn't see the 2nd) and my son and I were well into it. I'm used to watching football Saturday and Sunday mornings with no crowds anyway :)

Yes a screaming horde on the yellow wall may have helped, but Bayern have shown time and again that they can do a number on anyone domestically.

You can see the players getting used to it now and the quality teams/players are shining through.

faiz0

Distinguished Member
It might just be me but strangely you feel closer to the action watching this kind of football.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Hearing the players / coaches shout and the echo’s around the ground takes me back to watching Masters 5 aside on sky all those years back.

Its football and the pros are out there but it’s just not the real deal.

Its been enjoyable having football back either way.

That commentator was really grinding my gears yesterday though, Hazard was Hazarrrgh and Pavard Pavarrrgh 🤦‍♂️

Stonewall pen at the end as well, Dortmund got robbed.
I thought you was on about the penalty appeal at the end for Bayern. I completely forgot about the handball that should have been looked at.

Sancho was non-existent and I've no idea where his valuation comes from tbh.

@Fergal82 I thought the same about how it felt like I was watching the masters 5 a side tournaments on Sky, shame they don't show them anymore, are they still played each year??

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
I thought you was on about the penalty appeal at the end for Bayern. I completely forgot about the handball that should have been looked at.

Sancho was non-existent and I've no idea where his valuation comes from tbh.

@Fergal82 I thought the same about how it felt like I was watching the masters 5 a side tournaments on Sky, shame they don't show them anymore, are they still played each year??
Agreed massive shame. Used to love watching that as a kid, trying to spot all the old pros. This was pre you tube / everything being readily available so it was a real treat catching that on the box.

Haven’t seen it for years and years mind. Players are more interested in fortnite / doing mtv cribs / instagram nowadays though aren’t they

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Bayern title done and dusted ... still enjoying the actual Football .. proves crowd free football works .

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Havertz again, how did he manage to poke that home
He's a midfielder , if so he is scoring virtually all Leverkusen goals .. this is the hardest watch of the German games i have seen Freiburg to blame for that.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
He's a midfielder , if so he is scoring virtually all Leverkusen goals .. this is the hardest watch of the German games i have seen Freiburg to blame for that.
Yeah I noticed that he’d played some games in midfield - what a waste, he’s absolutely lethal in front of goal.
Agree it’s been dire

PrahDV

No do you
Ha no every season he's managed his club has always had a negative goal difference. How he got huddlesfield up playing like that is more a criticism of the rival play off teams during that season.

His current schalke team are in terrible form with like 5 goals in 2020. Absolutely terrible

Hat trick for Sancho today, I didn't watch the game but Paderborn are bottom so can we take much from that hat trick especially after his no show performance against Munich

PrahDV

Watched the game

Paderborn were decent until ht.....Dortmund slow ponderous first half.

First goal was GK error and then the floodgates opened

PrahDV

Is it German arrogance or just Bayern that talk about other club's players as if they had them signed and already under contract?

Deputy chairman Uli Hoeness told radio station Bayern 1: "When I think that we managed to extend with Manuel Neuer, and we have Joshua Kimmich, Niklas Sule, Robert Lewandowski and hopefully David Alaba and Thiago Alcantara [also agreeing contracts], and I also hope with Leroy Sane, with [Kingsley] Coman, [Serge] Gnabry, a young, developable team.

"I can imagine, if everything goes well, that a new era is just beginning at Bayern Munich."

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett