Bundesliga

Reaction score
I couldn’t see a thread about this and as it’s restarted I thought I’d start one to discuss.

The lack of atmosphere is very apparent, if this is going to be the norm for football going forward I can’t say I’ll enjoy it as much as before.

The two games I’ve watched feel like training exercises with the players not playing as high a tempo as before, whether that is down to lack of fitness I don’t know.

It’s also a shame we don’t have the noise from the supporters to drown out Owen Hargreaves.

It was certainly a strange watch- i read elsewhere Sky Germany had record viewing figures yesterday, i guess a mix of curiosity and there being little else to do. I will say it seemed to be well organised and professionally ran so if it happens here i hope that's replicated. Has there been any feedback on Dortmund's game yesterday regarding fan congregation,they are a passionate bunch so would be interested to know if there were any issues.

Given that most people who have commented (@faiz0 and @Panavision excluded) are of a similar opinion, I can't see this being a very busy thread.
Could we not have kept any talk of the European leagues in the general football chat thread, or will there be a new thread for Italy and Spain when they restart??

I’m pretty sure there is a la liga thread already.

Thanks for the advice though 👍

Given that most people who have commented (@faiz0 and @Panavision excluded) are of a similar opinion, I can't see this being a very busy thread.
Could we not have kept any talk of the European leagues in the general football chat thread, or will there be a new thread for Italy and Spain when they restart??
What's the problem with having a Bundesliga thread to discuss the Bundesliga :confused:

All eyes will be on Germany now, see how they manage this with regards to testing and keeping players insulated from the virus.

A test case for the rest of Europe really, in many respects.

Fingers crossed all goes well anyway.

I suppose like any other forum section, discuss if you want, ignore if you don’t

The season is almost over, why not have one from last August if there was such interest?
Because current events have meant the Bundesliga has become a focus of interest with it being the first major european football league to restart with a model the PL is looking to follow? If i have no interest in a thread i don't post in it,pretty obvious thing to do imo.

I couldn’t see a thread about this and as it’s restarted I thought I’d start one to discuss.

The lack of atmosphere is very apparent, if this is going to be the norm for football going forward I can’t say I’ll enjoy it as much as before.

The two games I’ve watched feel like training exercises with the players not playing as high a tempo as before, whether that is down to lack of fitness I don’t know.

It’s also a shame we don’t have the noise from the supporters to drown out Owen Hargreaves.

Like I’ve said before, it is what it is. This is football for the forseaable. It’ll just end up being something on in the background (like most football on telly).

I think Bayern v Dortmund is due soon. That’ll be an interesting test.

Because current events have meant the Bundesliga has become a focus of interest with it being the first major european football league to restart with a model the PL is looking to follow? If i have no interest in a thread i don't post in it,pretty obvious thing to do imo.

We were already discussing it in another thread. Having it's own thread just appears a bit contrived to me.

All eyes will be on Germany now, see how they manage this with regards to testing and keeping players insulated from the virus.

A test case for the rest of Europe really, in many respects.

Fingers crossed all goes well anyway.
I'm guessing after this weeks round of games if players stay virus free then it'll bode well for other leagues to continue with their plans.

It will take a lot of adjusting to, football is more a fan sport than the likes of F1, Golf or Snooker.

I wonder what will happen with darts going forward, I can't see the crowds they used to have at the competitions going forward :(

Don't see why the discussion couldn't stay in the General football chat thread.

And we hear you, however it’s here and it’s being used so I suppose unless someone says it needs to be merged it will remain.

again feel free to ignore the thread, I’m sure the excellent mod team we have here will make changes if required:smashin:

As strange as it was to watch it’s what we need to expect. Ignoring whatever plan for this season there will be no full crowds next season until there is a vaccine or something.

personally I think we should embrace it, regardless it’s good to see some sport back for me

I'm guessing after this weeks round of games if players stay virus free then it'll bode well for other leagues to continue with their plans.

It will take a lot of adjusting to, football is more a fan sport than the likes of F1, Golf or Snooker.

I wonder what will happen with darts going forward, I can't see the crowds they used to have at the competitions going forward :(

very true, although I did enjoy getting the tifosi to start chanting like a football crowd at monza some years back :laugh:

in fairness crowds at most sports make a hell of a lot of noise, difference is they are contained in football in stadiums designed to emphasise the sound

you don’t hear it in f1 because the mics are picking up the cars not the crowds. Same in cricket (international at least) whilst there is deafening but it’s not suited to tv where you need to hear the sounds of ball on bat

The likes of golf and snooker need silence during play so it’s different

anyways, back to the sport itself, that haaland is incredible. Him and Sancho are looking like they could be better than mbappe

Didn't see all the Mainz game but 6 yellow cards over the 90 minutes? So they were having a go then?

anyways, back to the sport itself, that haaland is incredible. Him and Sancho are looking like they could be better than mbappe
He's definitely kept the scoring going since moving to Dortmund.

I'm not so sure regarding Sancho, haven't seen enough of him to say if he will be better than Mbappe or just another overpriced English player.

Does no-one remember me saying we should have signed Haaland as well as Minamino?

I should be in charge of transfers :D

Friend of mine from school is a bbc sport correspondent now, done some good articles in bundesliga. Don’t know if any of you saw football focus Saturday, was a good piece about Klopp and his history in the German leagues, my friend made it and conducted the interview

Haaland scoring record is amazing
10 in 9, 13 in 12 overall for Dortmund.

He's only 19 as well, could be one of the best.

Haaland looks the business. That goal against PSG - incredible strike. It’s one of those goals that seems to get better every time you watch it.

Sancho on the other hand - meh. Certainly nowhere near Mbappe’s level.

I just get the feeling that when he comes to the PL and we start seeing him week in, week out, it’s going to leave a lot of people very disappointed

Haaland looks the business. That goal against PSG - incredible strike. It’s one of those goals that seems to get better every time you watch it.

Sancho on the other hand - meh. Certainly nowhere near Mbappe’s level.

I just get the feeling that when he comes to the PL and we start seeing him week in, week out, it’s going to leave a lot of people very disappointed
I agree he could be the most expensive flop in PL history.

The transfer fee being quoted for Sancho is crazy.

Who knows maybe he could be as good as Mbappe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom