Bulletproof (Sky One)

Yeah need this 'filtering' by some of you kind Guys before I commit any time to it (just incase its rubbish lol) :D

I actually liked it. Thought it was really well written. If you are expecting some deep police drama then this is not for you. If you are looking for some light Friday evening viewing with lots of humour, definitely one that works.

My view is that it is funnier than lethal weapon but that is largely due to some very British humour.

Hmmmm, i recorded it, looks ok.

I didn't really like it, which is a shame because I like Noel Clarke.

I don't particularly like 'comedy' bickering, which the characters seemed to be doing 90% of the time and the tone of the show was a bit of a mess. After the gruesome hit and run it immediately went into a comedy car chase with the bickering about driving, boots flying open, frozen chickens being lost and, of course, airbags going off at the end.

Plenty of other things bothered me about it, so I won't be watching any more.

Enjoyable enough, but whomever was in charge of continuity should be shot. That red Audi had more reg plates than i’ve had shags this year :laugh:

Think I'll stick with Top Boy.

Ohh good news. I would happily watch more.

Looks as much fun as the first.

Having watched season 1 on catchup with NowTV I'm really looking forward to this. Though I'll be watching it on demand rather than tune in. I find having to be watching a program at a predefined time and date a bit old fashioned now 😀

Looking forward to this one. Perfect Friday viewing.

I watched the first two episodes of season one, bruv.

The tone was way off. I couldn't tell if they were trying to do a straight-up police drama or Bad Boys comedy action. The director/writer claimed that Lethal Weapon was an influence -- exactly where?
Lethal Weapon featured a protagonist contemplating suicide who teams up with an ageing cop, none of that was evident in Bulletproof.

The show injects Americanism into a British cop show. Guns? I could buy it if was explained that this was a new, experimental unit, but it wasn't. It would be a great idea to have explored the pros and cons of police officers wielding guns.

It was rarely funny. I probably laughed once. The dialogue was dire, the chemistry was negligible between the two leads.

All the police procedures were ignored, which I thought was interesting and could have made for a more intriguing idea -- wow would they get away with warrants etc? It never went there. All glossed over, bruv.

They dragged that out a little. Could have been a trim 6 episodes, but nope, stretched to 8.

And i’m not sure what that little gangland subplot was all about. Felt like it was shoehorned in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom