1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulldog Super@ctive service

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by explicitlyrics, Jan 16, 2005.

1. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Has anybody here got the above service. It is 4mbit with free phone line rental and free local/national calls for £39 a month. I currently have their 2mbit service which has been excellent (get 245kB/s downloads all through the day). Has anybody here upgraded to the Super@ctive service? Will I still get maxed out downloads with the new service or is it a completely different connection and hence different speed? Has anybody here even got the service?

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    I have the 2M service but would like to upgrade to the 4M . I check back a fair bit but so far my area still isn't available. I thought the 4M service was only available in central ( and I mean central) London?

I'm very happy with the 2M but for another 10quid a month 4M is a no brainer.

I also use the webmail service which frankly sucks , bad interface , even the new one . Unreliable server.

3. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    well i do live quite close to the centre of london. 15mins from the centre by tube i suppose. My area is covered in their new upgrade. I registered on Saturday but have just been emailed saying my line cant cope with it. That is very strange given i am 0.5km from my exchange, have 35db of NMR and about 5db of Line attenuation.....

Never mind, I emailed and asked why, they said they would email me when the full report comes through (hopefully tomorrow).

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,544
  5. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's now available out of London too.
    Check here.
    Available as far as Bedford, Heddesdon & Basildon! (although still not available in Forest Hill, but it is in Rushey Green, where I lived 6 months ago and just 2 minutes away!).

6. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes Mike, but unfortunately does not cover many places on its route to outer London. The three surrounding exchanges to me dont have it.

A very strange thing I noticed, the exchange that I use is not far from me and it has more DSLAM's than any other exchange in the country :cool: :eek: :eek: Very strange fact and I cant quite work out why.... (btw, for those who dont know, one DSLAM is a device that dishes out adsl connections and you get a certain bandwidth per DSLAM)