1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulldog Rocks!!

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by tim k, Jun 19, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!! :clap:

Attached Files:

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    wow ive always wanted 512k upstream for hosting on xbox live! i heard bulldogs 4meg a while ago was dropping to 50-100k sometimes? guess theve sorted that!

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    thats quite good how much per month? my GF's ntl was running at 3200kbps yesterday, not bad for a 750k connection

4. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im am absolutely chuffed with bulldog, many aren't but i certainly am, i think it all depends on where you live, cause im in the city center of brum and its only 700m from the exchange i was told i could expect a very good d/l rate, and i think thats proven. i got a deal thats £30 a month all inc telephone line (NO BT YAY!) which i think is a steal, but i think the offer ended on the 15th now its 40 squid i think, but thats still the same rate youd pay for bt (10 quid) plus an uncapped high speed bb supplier (30) so im happy as larry.

anyone else managed to get bitlord?? using my connection im getting simultaneous 100kbps each d/ls, crazy!!

5. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    hi tim,

good speeds on bitlord, though you might want to blur out the names of the files in photoshop ;)

I'm on bulldog as well and I've always found them excellent.

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I deep throat....lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Naughty Tim :devil:

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tim k,

I've removed your attachment, for obvious reasons ;)

:smoke:

8. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    LOL,

reminds me of that ebay picture that was going around a while ago, it was of a kettle, you don't see it at first but there's a reflection of the photgrapher taking the pic.......completely naked! wish I could remember where I saw that...

9. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    ive got that in an email will dig it out!

10. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    oh, deleted it i think, it was very funny tho!

11. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    You dont want bulldog!! its rubbish!! i have just upgraded to their 8mb and now nothing but problems with disconnections AND their customer support is useless!!! :mad:

12. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Wow!! So thats all of Bulldog then thats rubbish?

Shame as my 2mb for almost two years for £30 has been flawless.

13. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Let's be honest here, BD has one of the worse reputations for customer service in the business. This is not new but has been consistent for atleast 18 months. Now having said that when it works it works well the problems begin if you need help with a shakey connection. It's no surprise that since C&W took over BD the managing director has been replaced and there has recently been a complete overhaul of the customer service side of the company.

Go with BD with your eyes open, they provide good value for money. Personally I wouldn't trust my primary phone line to BD which is now a prerequisite for 8 meg; get another line installed. http://www.freedom2surf.net/ now offer 8 meg for £25 although at not as many exchanges as Bulldog.

14. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friend recently changed to BullDog he loved it initially "like sh*t of a shovel" was he's first reaction, but now he's having nothing but problems with it. The service seems to be very intermittent. Bulldog are saying that their server's are fine; yet his service is not fine.
    I'm with BT 2mb can be tempremental as well but nothing like his problems.

15. xxalxx

xxalxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ordered Bulldog on 6/6/05 ,paid the connection fee for a new line etc. 2 weeks later had heard nothing, so I rung up there non existant customer support. 2 hours later I got through to some bloke whom english was obviously not his first language, and the line was as bad as it gets.

Give details...." Sorry but you have no account..."

40 minutes later, "Oh I have found your account, its been stopped because you havnt paid your connection fee, and nothing has been set up until you do."

Point out that £60 has been debited from my card, and as for nothing set up, why is there a DD set up in my bank account then...."

long pause..............."Apply again and pay another £60 connection fee!"

Eventually after much arguing with this bloke, get put through to his line manager, crystal clear line (woohoo), English !!!!"

Discuss same thing, promised phone call next morning once finance have sorted it out payment"

What a shock, no call, ring back last friday, hour later get through, have to go through exactly same process again....still no further forward,

Sooooooo, if you want my advice dont touch them with a bargepole, thank god I never cancelled my cable sub (tho I did bargain the price down with BY :) )

Al

16. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    I am still awaiting my 8mbps upgrade. Anyone else?

17. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    I finally got mine yesterday after moving from the 2M service for no extra cost. It was supposed to be activated on the 27th but all that happened was I lost my connection entirely!

I get a courtesy call 2 days later asking me if I'm happy . I've been too busy to check but tell them it doesn't work and quiz them about claiming some money back for the lack of service and confirm with them that I will in fact get an 8M connection even though it was originally going to be 4M. Bloke on the phone confirms that it will be 8M ( in fact he said that everyone on bulldog who can recieve the 8M will get it as a matter of course).

Hang the phone up , get home , fire up computer ....connection now works . So bulldog have been trying to contact me for the last few days to try and fix my now working connection ! I'll let them sweat a few days longer.

18. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Just to add balance and to be fair to BullDog. My friend contacted them and actually spoke to an engineer who'd been drafted in to take the surge in calls. Apparently my friends problem was that they(bulldog) were pumping out such a bitrate it was causing problems on many lines . My friend was offered 6mb but settled for 4mb and things have been working fine since. In fact bt had told him his line wasn't up to their 2mb ! Yet Bulldog saw no problem.

19. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have two Buldog 8Mb connections. Once I got it working there where OK. I do agree that getting hold of their customer service is a full time job.

Couple of days ago I was alerted to www.bethere.co.uk who are running pilot in London for the 24Mb Internet for £20 pcm. I am now trying for the last two days to contact Bulldog customer service to cancel one of the connections (still unsuccessfully)!