1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulldog B/Band 4meg adsl £30 pmth

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by UncagedTyphoon, Jul 6, 2004.

1. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bulldog running special offer on 4Mbps service

In another move that is likely to increase demand on the small number of LLU exchanges that Bulldog are running, they currently have a special offer on their 4Mbps ADSL service. For the first three months of the 12 month contract, it is £20/month rising to £30/month after that, and activation is free.

The service is only available in the Central London area. With the recent C&W involvement with Bulldog it should hopefully just be a matter of time before they expand their LLU products to other urban areas

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    I've got the 2M at the moment for £30 a month ( evening s and weekends ) I'm hoping I can go 4M pretty soon but my area isn't yet covered.

3. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Certainly is a cracking deal.
    Good news last week that OFCOM have said to BT that there must be more LLU allowed in their exchanges.
    Lets hope that it will eventually lead to faster speeds at a lower price.

Going to be a while before it reaches my spit and sawdust village I think :(

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    there is a bulldog server in my area Anfield liverpool. i wanna join up by have to wait for my other 12 month subscribtion with another ISP to finish in november

5. Alobar

Alobar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Review on Bulldog 4 in London:
    Migration took place in early 08/04, 4 weeks after I ordered the Bulldog 4 package at £30 per month. BT messed up and I was without phone and without Internet for 2 weeks. Eventually I had a skilled Bulldog techie on the phone who could sort the issue. If you rely on your DSL connection think about it twice and consider staying with your current broadband ISP, in my case it was Zen, where was 99% reliable and delivered great service.
    PRO: Bulldog 4 is cheap at £30 per month. CONS: My connection is NEVER faster than 2.1Mbps, 75 of my speed tests show 300-900 Kbps, which is a disgusting shame. Bulldog Customer Service is the worst ever. You have to be at the computer when you call in, which makes you call them in the evening with queues never shorter than 30-60 minutes. I have been on hold for over 1 hour. Bulldog never reply to any of my emails and most technicians don't know what they're talking about.
    CONCLUSION: If you want to take the risk and are happy with a connection that is on very few occasions faster than 512 Kbps go for it, otherwise open a spreadbetting account and gamble on stocks while you keep your reliable non-Bulldog ADSL connection.

6. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Sorry to hear of your problems mate :(
    I almost migrated to Bulldog until I heard of their customer service.
    Your speed tests seem very low to me, have you tried an MTU tweak? or perhaps there maybe a contention issue at your exchange?

I'll post some links/info if you do need any help

Best wishes