1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BulK conversion from WMA to MP3

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jblandford, Nov 1, 2003.

1. jblandford

jblandford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all:hiya:

First time poster (I Think) so please be gentle with Me!:D

I have all my music recorded in WMA format which is held on a central PC and a couple of other pc's with cheap LCD's (Keycorp)and remotes (Keyboardco) can play the music through ceiling speakers (MCM Custom Audio on EBAY) powered by some old amps I have racked up in the loft.

Have decided to try one of the netwrked music palyer devices such as SLIMP3.

Problem - they all seem to cater for MP3 and not WMA. Is it possible and wise to convert my library over? Can this be done in bulk? These library was ripped using WMP9. Please tell me I dont have to re-rip! Took me WEEKS! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for your sage and guru like advice :)

JB

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would imagine it's possible to convert from just about any format to another these days.

IIRC dvdrhelp has a section for music/wmvs/mp3s etc..

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    I use dBpowerAMP Music Converter to convert wma to mp3 - produces good results (although you realise you would need to re-rip to avoid any loss in quality?) and it's free. I'm not sure if you can set it to do multiple conversions though.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

4. dgc

dgc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I use dBpoweramp too.
    It will do multiple conversions.

Simply select all the files to be converted - right click one of them and chose the conversion you desire.