1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulging iPod case

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Tony B, Mar 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have the previous gen iPod, 40GB.

Now about 8 months old, never been dropped or overheated or mishandled in any way, but....it now appears to have a slightly swollen case. The stainless steel back no longer sits flush with the plastic front on one of the longer sides.

The other side is fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. drlau9

drlau9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    All I can say is, open the ipod, using your nails. May seem tough work but hey it works at the end. Once you got the aluminium case of the ipod, disconnect the earphone port which is moulded to the case, then once the back cover fully comes off you can push the metal inwards.

You can use a table sides to push it in, or use a book spine. I tried using my fingers but it didn't work. It's probably cause i'm a weakling :rotfl: But yeah push all 4 sides further in, then re attch your cable from the earphone socket onto the ipod don't close it until you have actually tested it. This prevents you from opening it the 2nd time heh, the plastic does eventually wear off.

then voilá it seems all in line now :hiya:

dr.

3. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ooooer....

I will wait until I have recovered from the wine before I take this on, seems to need a bit of skill..

Its not a symptom of a soon-to-explode battery then?

4. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Started to open the case with thumbnail as suggested. Just as I was making progress it popped back in, and is now just as it should be. :clap:

How it managed to get out of shape in the first place, I do not know...