Bulb Loving.

FunkyStonker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just jumped into the pj side of things.
I thought I had done enough research etc but I have come across something I would like to clear up regarding the care of ya bulb!

I have heard something along the lines of "turning the pj on and off all the time isnt that good for the bulb" and your better off having it on for longer periods.

Cheers.

It is fine to turn it off after watching a film but I wouldn't say do it after 10 minutes. Also, if you were going to take a break and watch another film say after an hour. I would leave it on for that extra hour rather than turning it off and then on again. If you were going to start another film say 4 hours later then I would turn it off. Basically, turning it on and off is stressful on the lamp and it is best to minimise that and it is important to let the PJ cool down properly.

Each bulb activation is equivalent to around 2 hours usage. So if you plan to use the projector again in an hour or 2 it's not worth switching it off.

Each bulb activation is equivalent to around 2 hours usage. So if you plan to use the projector again in an hour or 2 it's not worth switching it off.

I didn't know that. I often have mine on for around 3 hours at a time as I watch some TV series DVD's through it. It does 4 episodes quite nicely.

Another thing is never ever switch on your projector as soon as you've switched it off. This is called hot striking and is very harmful to bulbs.

cheers for the info.

What exactly is the cooling down period you speak of?
Is there specific tasks?

Forgive my ignorance, but I take you are not referring to when you turn the pj off and it carries on on cooling itself?

If I don't ask I wont learn :lesson:

Cheers,
Des.

Forgive my ignorance, but I take you are not referring to when you turn the pj off and it carries on on cooling itself?

Yes that. Once the fan has stopped inside, I wouldn't switch it back on straight away and leave it a while to cool down properly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom