1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulb life of a Samsung SP50L7HX how do I check?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hearts, Dec 31, 2004.

1. hearts

hearts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, well I have got my set up and its looking great apart from a bit of a tight squeeze in the house.
    Didn't know much about them before I bought and now I am hearing a lot about bulb life. I have tried to read up on it and done a few searches on Google but cant find much. How do I find out what the expected life of my bulb is? Is there a way of checking how long its been running? (The reason I ask this is I read some where that there is a guarantee of 500 hours or 90 days. So how can they check this?)
    Where do I buy the Bulbs from?
    I have read the instruction booklet but not much info there.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If I were to think of buying a DLP display (TV or pj), the first three questions I would ask would be :

"How long do the lamps last ?"

"Do you stock the lamps ?"

"How much do they cost ?"

If the seller was unable to answer any of the above satisfactorily, I would be out of the door rather faster than when I came in. Sorry if people think this is an anti-DLP post, but it is not. Before buying anything that requires consumable items (computer printers, laminating machines, anything that requires a battery) I find out how much it's going to cost to run.