Bulb flicker with HT300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by docsmith2k1, Oct 21, 2002.

1. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Have any HT300 users ( or Sim2 users generally) experienced a flickering of the image with their PJs. I have less than 200hrs on the bulb but this effect started around the 130 hr mark and if anything seems to be getting more pronounced. Is this a "burning in" effect which will settle in time - if so how long?. Or should I be asking for a replacement bulb.
    Thanks
    AndyS

2. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have noticed an occasional flicker during computer monitor use, but assumed I was getting some interference in the long vga cable. It doesn't do it for long and never that I have noticed on other inputs (but that could be due to the inherently static nature of a computer image).

3. chips

chips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    There are some posts regarding this on the AVS forum www.avsforum.com

4. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Hi Andy,

Glad you have your HT300 back, but not so glad you have a problem :(

I haven't seen any evidence of flicker but I'm only on about 85 hrs at the moment. I think that there is a certain amount of "running in" time on the bulb, but think that it just dims slightly - no flicker though.

If you haven't done so already maybe give Owl a call - 01825 766123, they'll know the answer

Sorry I can't be of anymore help

5. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks Spikey,

Got my PJ back last week - it had a problem with the video board which has been replaced. I've informed my dealer of the problem and left them to do the calling around. Anyway it seems Owl have a lot on their plate at the moment with all their stock recently stolen. I'll keep you updated.
    I love this PJ but this is typical of my luck - whats the saying - I have plenty of luck - all of it BAD:)

6. Paul Hayward

Paul Hayward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Hallo Andy,

Bad luck with your HT300. To reassure you, with regard to bulb flicker most owners that I have corresponded with have not experienced this problem and some have over 800hrs of use . Those few that have developed flicker receive a new bulb under warrenty. The lower 120W bulb is usually a very robust performer with the added advantage of long life and better blacks which is why Sim2 chose it after much research. I would imagine you will get it fixed quickly. It is very unlikely that the problem will recur, assuming of course there is not some as yet, undiagnosed external interference thats causing it. Good luck,

Best Wishes,

Paul H

7. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just to update you - My dealer has been in touch with Owl who want the PJ back to check - they agree it may be the bulb but also suggest it could be the video board (anyone following HT300 threads will know I have recently had this replaced). But I don't think I should be without my PJ again for two or more weeks without a replacement. This has been passed on to Owl by my dealer and they will get back to me.

8. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Two weeks? - must have seemed like an eternity :(

Good luck Andy, hope there is a speedy resolution

9. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well I have had my replacement bulb inserted today. Picture is as solid as a rock - I also feel the contrast and colour depth has improved markedly. I assume this means I had a duff bulb.