Quantcast

Bulb energy

Inked

Distinguished Member
Cheers guys, still looking around at the moment. As I’m home all day, we use quite a lot of electricity so I may be better off with a higher standing charge and lower unit cost.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
Cheers guys, still looking around at the moment. As I’m home all day, we use quite a lot of electricity so I may be better off with a higher standing charge and lower unit cost.
Definitely. Double check the deals aswell. I used comparison sites and using my actual energy consumption for 12 months and was told I could 'save' upto a couple of hundred quid. Bulb was one and there was another provider too. Going over to their sites and getting quotes, using the same figures, I get completely different offerings. Bulb was more expensive than my existing npower. Even now, I'm on the moneysavingexpert green deal or something and it's supposed to be cheaper but it's only a few quid per month different to my previous npower. Why the fudge they have to make it so complicated aswell is just ridiculous. Standing charges etc etc. I think it should be priced like petrol. Or the Internet. £per 'gallon' or £x per month for upto 1000kwh (or similar).

=adrian=

We have someone at home all the time as well. Wife is at home writing on her laptop when I'm at work at mornings and early afternoon, then I come back from work and start working on my PC (power hungry) and she goes to work. I work at home all weekend too usually. Not much of an overlap, but that means someone's at home pretty much all the time, meaning it needs to be warm, electricity is in constant use, etc. I could probably save additional few quid, but I can't be bothered with constantly swapping suppliers. I've been with Bulb for a while now and have no complaints, so I'll just stay with them... unless someone offers me significant saving :D

danwel

Just dragging up an older thread as my deal ends on 20th September and have now decided to give Bulb a try. I work offshore so i am away for 4 weeks at a time so think they might work for me but will give it a try and see.

That said, rather than use a cash back link from another site does anyone have a current and up to date £75 referral link they want to use with me so we can both get something ?

Inked

Distinguished Member
Just dragging up an older thread as my deal ends on 20th September and have now decided to give Bulb a try. I work offshore so i am away for 4 weeks at a time so think they might work for me but will give it a try and see.

That said, rather than use a cash back link from another site does anyone have a current and up to date £75 referral link they want to use with me so we can both get something ?
Hopefully someone will come along with a £75 link for you, if not here’s my £50 link

Bulb - Get a quote

krish

Distinguished Member
Yeah my folks' account still not been issued a £75 limited time referral link, almost 2 months after switching (with @richp007 £75 referral from his folks :smashin:). Want to switch myself through their referral when it's at £75, and I believe Bulb also reimburse your old supplier exit fees, if there are any for breaking contract early.

danwel

Question for those who switched to Bulb. Literally got to the point of creating the DD BUT the amount they want to take is double what my current DD is. Granted it is summer and i have zero heating on and not even there but the thought of it being that much higher means they are actually a huge amount more expensive. Would this be to them not having any meter readings ?

Just checked and at present my DD is 51 but over winter it is usually 78. I do have a smart meter and currently with EON

Last edited:

krish

Distinguished Member
Question for those who switched to Bulb. Literally got to the point of creating the DD BUT the amount they want to take is double what my current DD is.
My folks' DD was first set set at about £45 pm on the day of the month Bulb took over the gas and elec, but not long after (with the £75 credit in the account), was able to change it online to £30 pm and change the payment date to their preferred day of the month when previous energy suppliers took payment.

Inked

Distinguished Member
Question for those who switched to Bulb. Literally got to the point of creating the DD BUT the amount they want to take is double what my current DD is. Granted it is summer and i have zero heating on and not even there but the thought of it being that much higher means they are actually a huge amount more expensive. Would this be to them not having any meter readings ?

Just checked and at present my DD is 51 but over winter it is usually 78. I do have a smart meter and currently with EON
Mine was set actually slightly below where I expected it to be (£92/m). Since providing a couple of meter readings since switching my usage is showing closer to where I think it should be (£110/m).

It's very easy on the app/website to adjust payment amounts and dates so I'll be leaving my payments set where they are at the moment and will adjust once I've got a couple of full months under my belt as I'm in credit due to referrals. At least with bulb if you see a deal elsewhere that you think will suit your usage, you can leave at any time

Done it using your link, thanks for that.
Cheers :thumbsup:

danwel

Mine was set actually slightly below where I expected it to be (£92/m). Since providing a couple of meter readings since switching my usage is showing closer to where I think it should be (£110/m).

It's very easy on the app/website to adjust payment amounts and dates so I'll be leaving my payments set where they are at the moment and will adjust once I've got a couple of full months under my belt as I'm in credit due to referrals. At least with bulb if you see a deal elsewhere that you think will suit your usage, you can leave at any time

Cheers :thumbsup:
I thought as much which is why i just went ahead with it. I work offshore so essentially only in the house half of the year so no doubt by the time i put the readings through it will adjust accordingly.

Like you say if there is a better deal to be had you are not tied and can soon move on to another supplier.

Cherrywood

Hi all - having been with bulb for over 2years, time to switch.

Never had issues with bulb but always good to switch. All the chaps also moved from bulb to Octopus and said the service is pretty much same but offering saving £159 less (for me) plus another £50.

Anyone intrested in a switch, cheeky referal below :thumbsup:

share.octopus.energy/topaz-newt-441

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
I have just initiated a switch from MSE Green Energy 12 deal over to Octopus. All seems to be standard electricity supplier offering fixed cost/green/flexible tarriffs and offering £100 referral split but what did interest me was the smart meter tariffs (Requires SMETS2). They offer a 5p/kW tarrif between 12.30am and 4.30am. Apparently this is good for EV charging (Tesla/Leaf/etc). They are also offering a new Smart Export Guarantee tariff and also a tarriff based on wholesale prices which you could benefit from if you adjust your peak energy consumption (think Economy7).

I do have a referral code which I would be glad to share (obvs) which would be worth £50 to each of us in account credit.

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 20.35.37.png

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 20.35.47.png