Bulb energy

=adrian=

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using them? I just requested a switch from SSE Scottish Hydro as I wasn't happy with them, after Bulb Energy came up in my search results a few times. Opinions?

Just switching to Bulb myself and it seems to be going ok, obviously can't comment on how they will be but went through MSE and have been in their energy club for a few years and they are usually pretty good when advising switching.

I too have just switched to Bulb from Octopus who seem to have to way of the big boys in that customer service, as a company grows goes downhill.
So cannot give an opinion, first time I have gone variable as opposed to a fixed price but as you can leave without paying fees I felt it was worth a go.
I did note that it is better to get a quote after giving usage details as opposed to just your post code as the cost rose to a more realistic rate.

Interesting. There seems to be a lot of people who are switching to Bulb just now. Thanks for your replies

I switched to BULB from SSE around Christmas time.
No grumbles yet.
Good communications from them.
Couple of small price rises, which they apologies for, which is just down to the cost of the supply/market going up.
Get an email once a month asking me for my meter readings, which I put into my web page account and seems to be going ok so far.

They say they will have Smart Meters, but not till the new spec (better) ones come onto the market, perhaps later this year.

No plans on leaving them, however, in this day and age if someone offered me the same "Power" for less money I'd have no reasons to stay

Considered them but from what recall there were no fixed price tariffs? Only reason i ruled them out.

I'm with Bulb, no problems at all and decent prices. Have a referral code that gets us both £50 credit on account if you'd like it.

Considered them but from what recall there were no fixed price tariffs? Only reason i ruled them out.

Indeed, but their standard rate? was noticeably less than my previous suppliers fixed year rate, even with a few small hikes along the way it's saving me money.

As the Gas and Elec is the same stuff that comes down the same wires/pipes in the 1st place (which is just dam stupid a concept in the 1st place) whoever sends me the smallest bill for exactly the same product gets my money.

Imagine doing your food shop like this.
Going round Tesco, picking the same items from the shelves, but when you get to the checkout, you pay a different amount due to which "food company" you have an account with......

bizarre!

I’m just in the process of switching to Usio, and that’s similar in that there are no fixed tariffs, but there are no penalties for leaving either so I don’t see any issue. My fixed deal with EDF is just coming to an end, and the available tariffs from the ‘big 6’ at the moment are ridiculous, at least 20% higher than I’m currently paying. I wouldn’t bother switching to save a few quid a month, but it’s in the realms of £300 per year now.

With bulb as well so if anyone would like a referral let me know.
My bill for last month was only £45
Don't get me wrong there is just me and the misses and we are not at home during thr day but its still ridiculously cheap to utility warehouse who I was with

utility warehouse
They sound pretty dodgy from the many things I've read and heard about them. A pyramid scheme that might make its agents a little cash ripping off mates and mates of mates with very poor uncompetitive tariffs - hence no advertising nor affiliation with cashback and comparison sites.

I'm glad I've made the switch. I just got a letter from SSE that they are increasing their prices for both gas and electricity from 11th July.

I was thinking about switching to bulb but looked at trustpilot reviews, i don't believe them. Seems everyone is just trying to refer people to get money. I've now switched to Green Network Energy, they're smaller supplier but seem really good.

I started with Bulb 2 days ago. Nothing to report yet, other than the switch was painless so far (still waiting for final bill from my previous supplier). You can be sure of one thing though, I wouldn't try to pull wool over anybody's eyes. If I won't be happy with them, I will post about it.

I was thinking about switching to bulb but looked at trustpilot reviews, i don't believe them. Seems everyone is just trying to refer people to get money. I've now switched to Green Network Energy, they're smaller supplier but seem really good.
So, no reason not to go to bulb other than a "suspicion". Yet the four posts from yourself all recommend Green Network. That doesn't look at all suspicious ;)

Been with Bulb for about a month and they have increased our monthly payment by £2.50 due to price increases from suppliers, I could leave but i was expecting a price increase and £2.50 isn't much so no worries i'll stick with them and see how it goes, I can leave penalty free any time I like.

Been with Bulb for about a month and they have increased our monthly payment by £2.50 due to price increases from suppliers, I could leave but i was expecting a price increase and £2.50 isn't much so no worries i'll stick with them and see how it goes, I can leave penalty free any time I like.

Likewise and have been happy to see the openness and explanation/apology about small increases.
They appear to be charging as good a price as they can, but of course have to pass on any wholesale prices.

Happy to stick with them for the time being as I don't expect anyone could really be cheaper unless they have means to cheaper supplies in the 1st place.

I'm doing the switching/renewing research now. Bulb came out cheapest - any negatives? Is it good quality electricity and gas? :D

Plenty of people on here who are with them to give you a referral code if you go for them...

Having said that EDF is not much more for a 13-month fix vs Bulb's variable rate. The two Green ones are both variable.

I found that their price was not much of a saving certainly nothing like the silly savings their fanboys are talking about on Facebook page, I also found their customer service a bit hit and miss.

I found them to be OK, their prices are cheaper with no fixed contracts or exit penalties which appealed to me.
As has been said a number of people on here are with them, who can give you a referral code including myself.

No problems here as well. Been with them for a couple of months. So far so good. Got a referral code somewhere too if you need one.

Been with them a couple months now, switch over was easy have a referral if any one needs one

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom