1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Built into the wall....Hitachi 42PD7200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Andeh, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Andeh

Andeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    We are looking to purchase a Hitachi 42PD7200, and one of the things we hope to do with it is mount it in the wall. Will there be any problems with heating/air vents in doing this, and if so, how much of a gap would you recommend we leave?

Also, what do you all think ofthe Hitachi 42PD7200, it is at the top end of our budget and we dont really want to go any higher then that, but we have heard some good things about it.

thanks.

2. neilios

neilios
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    I bought the hitachi 7200 and we are very happy with it ,most channels look good from telewest ,those that dont still looked crap on my 32 jvc .
    Dvd playback is also excellent but again crap tranfers do show up on large screens .
    Overall it is a very good value for money screen ,certainly in the top 3 tv type screens at the mo ,and i'll never go back to a crt screen again .

:smashin:

3. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    personally I would never install a plasma into a wall. why not hang it ? it caould cause all sorts of problems not least if you are selling your property. A friend of mine did exactly that and is convinced he lost out in 2 sales, as it can be messy and not everyones cup of tea. ventilation wise (although I am no expert) I would imagine you would need the same breadth at the rear and a good 3-4 inches at the top as they do heat up fairly quickly.
    Again I stress I am no expert, but I really would think twice, especially as I say these screens look tidy wall mounted

4. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    It's a pukka telly mate, IMO as I have said in another one of your threads.
    The Hitachi manual recommends a minimum 4" all round.
    There is a similar question asked about heat in the threads somewhere (recent).

5. Andeh

Andeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    When i say built in i dont mean the wall ends and TV begins all the way around, there would be a good 5-6 inches around it, the screen would just be more or less flush with the wall(maybe sticking out a bit when you include a bracket at the back). As for moving, we are in this house for the long run(parents at least) we are already planning some building work for a few years down the line so we arnt worried about possible problems with moving, even if we did, chances are we'd leave it in and sell it off with the house, or if push came to shove then we'd just have it filled in again.

6. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Wh\t you mean by hanging it?