• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Built in tuner bad reception

T

Tom32y

With my old tv and old set top box digital works perfectly every channel. same with every other tv around the house!! but just brought a new tv with built in tuner and now it gets poor signal on a lot of channels! would a tv booster help at all???

SamRadford

Prominent Member
I doubt that a booster would help with a faulty TV. Take it back to where you "brought" it from.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
just brought a new tv with built in tuner and now it gets poor signal on a lot of channels! would a tv booster help at all???

Did you go through the "New Installation" option at your location or has it been tuned in at the shop where you bought it?

T

Tom32y

nope it went through the new installation when i first plugged it in! the only things that have changed are that the aerial wire was extended by about a meter! i know on the tv it has a built in signal boost, should i try turning that off as i think there is already a booster up in the loft??? Thanks

SamRadford

Prominent Member
Oh, dear. A join in the cable? That could be the cause.

T

Tom32y

I will have a play around with it when i get home, trying without that new cable and also with the internal booster turned off! hopefully thatll help a bit!!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom