1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

built in panel speaker suggestion

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bisher, Jul 15, 2005.

1. bisher

bisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi all

i am going to build a panel under my plasma to hide the cables rather than channel the wall. it will be about 100mm from the wall .

what i want to do is put 2 speakers in the panel instead of buying the manufactures models that fix to the side of the plasma.

can anybody recommend a set that will fit in such a small depth and have a good all round sound . i don't have a million pounds to spend so a budget of £150.00 is probably my limit.

many thanks for any help

bisher

2. Troon

Troon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Unless you're misguidedly trying to achieve stereo reproduction with such a small separation, the best thing to do would be to get a high quality centre speaker. Hifibitz has a good selection of centres: I'd particularly look at the AE Evo Centre, the Mission M3C2i and the Monitor Audio SLCR.

However, if you eventually get a proper surround setup, you'll want to match your centre with your L/R front speakers - something else to consider...

If you're really stuck for depth, look at some in-wall speakers instead.

I have no affiliation with HiFiBitz: I've used them a couple of times, but the main reason for the links is that their site has a convenient listing format.

3. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60