1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

built-in deinterlacer powered by Faroudja or progressive player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by camlogan, Jan 3, 2003.

1. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there all, I was hoping that someone here could answer this question for me - as the folks from seven oaks have no idea.....

I have a Sim2 DMF projecter with a built-in deinterlacer and video enhancement powered by Faroudja but only have an SD210E DVD player (with component outputs).

Is it worth me getting a progressive player when I already have that functionality with the projector?

I was thinking of getting the Arcan DV88 Plus to replace the SD210E. Do you think I would notice much difference in the progressive playback of the Arcan and if not what DVD player would give me a noticably better picture?

Thanks everyone.

CaM

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Why don't you try it and see. I guess you'll prefer the interlaced component output of the Arcam over everything.

Gordon

3. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the DV88 used with the Faroudja NRS, the picture is pretty impressive and as it's available for £499 from B&B Hi fi you might want to try that and save yourself £500.

4. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, I would like to try it - I guess I just go into a store with a desposit and borrow it?

Also, getting the arcam DV88 for 500 pounds sounds like a great idea - it would give me excellant cd playback and a much better picture.

thanks for the info

CaM