Built in 2d-3d or Conversion Software

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by robgoldsmith, Dec 27, 2011.

1. robgoldsmith

robgoldsmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys

Just a quick one, I have some films id like to try in 3d even though they are 2d, will the built in 2d-3d converter in my monitor work as well as some 2d-3d conversion software?

I there is a dif then I will spend the time converting them, if not then I will just hit the button on the screen

Rob

2. next010

next010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,038
    Both are a mixed bag due to post processing, your the only one who can judge for yourself.

DVDFab 2D->3D software will convert material and does give you more controls to fiddle with, the output will basically be a side by side video.

3. noiseboy72

noiseboy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,318
    Having used pretty much all the software that is out there, they all do a broadly similar job. Not really 3D when compared to a "real" 3D film, but on a par with some of the poorer conversions - those shot in 2D and rotoscoped to 3D.

I found that the better the source material, the better the conversion. low quality files lead to poor converison, as the software needs to work harder. A top quality hi-def file looks stunning though.

4. Jason Shouler

Jason Shouler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Disagree; A lot of really low quality video can look really good played through my Samsung.

TBF, I'm sure a big part of that is due to viewing on a passive TV but don't ask me to explain why that should be :)