Quantcast

Built in 2d-3d or Conversion Software

robgoldsmith

Standard Member
Guys

Just a quick one, I have some films id like to try in 3d even though they are 2d, will the built in 2d-3d converter in my monitor work as well as some 2d-3d conversion software?

I there is a dif then I will spend the time converting them, if not then I will just hit the button on the screen

Rob

next010

Distinguished Member
Both are a mixed bag due to post processing, your the only one who can judge for yourself.

DVDFab 2D->3D software will convert material and does give you more controls to fiddle with, the output will basically be a side by side video.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Having used pretty much all the software that is out there, they all do a broadly similar job. Not really 3D when compared to a "real" 3D film, but on a par with some of the poorer conversions - those shot in 2D and rotoscoped to 3D.

I found that the better the source material, the better the conversion. low quality files lead to poor converison, as the software needs to work harder. A top quality hi-def file looks stunning though.

Jason Shouler

Novice Member
I found that the better the source material, the better the conversion. low quality files lead to poor converison, as the software needs to work harder. A top quality hi-def file looks stunning though.
Disagree; A lot of really low quality video can look really good played through my Samsung.

TBF, I'm sure a big part of that is due to viewing on a passive TV but don't ask me to explain why that should be :)

Top Bottom