Building speakers/subwoofers

M

mark1

Do many of you build your own speaker systems or subwoofers?

I have built my own for a while now and so have a few friends.

see the picture of my latest speakers.

Attachments

• speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 115
Hey,

I like the look of those!!! What do they sound like??? and where did you get the bits?

Thanks

ave

Thanks

They sound amazing. very clear. better than anything ive heard in hifi stores. I heard a £1600 mordant short THX system in a local demo room and it didnt come close. it had more bass but the clarity sucked... im trying to get a descent subwoofer amplifier to run the 2 subs, then they should be awesome.

I had to order most of the components from the US because there isnt a good selection in the UK. They cost me around £500 for the pair. I used Audax bass/mids and Morel tweeters.

Cool :)

Got any links???

Dave

Hi Mark.

Very nice, very nice indeed. Impressive cabinetry work.

I'm interested in DIY. I've built from plans and kits, nothing from scratch, yet.
I've built a sub using the Shiva from Adire Audio. It's a vented EBS design. 142.5 litres tuned to 18Hz.

I'm currently making 5 main channel speakers. Two pairs of these for fronts and rears and this the matching centre.

I've completed one pair for the fronts and the centre, now just need to finish off the rears.

Cheers
Boris

Originally posted by mark1
im trying to get a descent subwoofer amplifier to run the 2 subs, then they should be awesome.

Are you talking about the Martin Logan Descent subwoofer amplifier?
Or just a decent sub amp?

Cheers
Boris

just a descent subwoofer amplifier.

thanks for the replies, im glad to see a few people building their own speakers...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom