1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building or buying a hush box

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AndyDD, Feb 24, 2004.

1. AndyDD

AndyDD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very pleased with my projector's picture quality + features but am slowly getting very frustrated by the noise above my head.

I've been reading past posts about building a hush box and the issues concerning heat etc.
    Does anyone know if there is a company who sells something that can be used as a 'hush box'?

To build one I guess wood with some 'special' noise deadening foam material is needed. I may be able to get away with just having a large piece of special accoustic foam hanging underneath my projector during important movie watching and putting it behind the sofa when not being used/just playing games.

A link to somewhere that sells the 'proper' accoustic material would be great. I don't mind paying good money to sort this problem out. Is the stuff people fit inside their PC cases any good?

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
  3. AndyDD

AndyDD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link. I shall contact these people with my specifications for a quote.
    I am seriously considering knocking a hole in the wall between the open staircase and my integral garage. This may even be cheaper paying a builder to sort out than buying one of these hush boxes and allow me to have a 2 foot wider picture from an absolutely silent projector...perfection at last!! :clap:

4. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Andy, Would you mind posting the price they quote?