Building or buying a hush box

AndyDD

Standard Member
I am very pleased with my projector's picture quality + features but am slowly getting very frustrated by the noise above my head.

I've been reading past posts about building a hush box and the issues concerning heat etc.
Does anyone know if there is a company who sells something that can be used as a 'hush box'?

To build one I guess wood with some 'special' noise deadening foam material is needed. I may be able to get away with just having a large piece of special accoustic foam hanging underneath my projector during important movie watching and putting it behind the sofa when not being used/just playing games.

A link to somewhere that sells the 'proper' accoustic material would be great. I don't mind paying good money to sort this problem out. Is the stuff people fit inside their PC cases any good?

AndyDD

Standard Member
Thanks for the link. I shall contact these people with my specifications for a quote.
I am seriously considering knocking a hole in the wall between the open staircase and my integral garage. This may even be cheaper paying a builder to sort out than buying one of these hush boxes and allow me to have a 2 foot wider picture from an absolutely silent projector...perfection at last!! :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom