Building New PC for Gaming Need Help/Suggestions

RammiSingh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
any suggestions on a Good i7 Gaming PC?

budget is around £700 (Maybe including Graphic Card)

even tho its gaming PC mostly what I want from it is Fast Loading and Quick Response. (if you get me :p )

First: where to get the components from? Ebuyer? Overclockers? Scan? or from all of them depending on price? or should I go for Bundles?

Last edited:
First of all do you need i7? for gaming an overclocked i5 and i7 will bring no difference in performance.

Also do you need a monitor, keyboard and mouse or is it just the base?

First of all do you need i7? for gaming an overclocked i5 and i7 will bring no difference in performance.

Also do you need a monitor, keyboard and mouse or is it just the base?

was checking different versions and i7 looks ok.

not really gonna overclock as i have no idea how to do it.

and Yes, just the base. I already have Samsung Syncmaster 24" Monitor.

I think you'll struggle getting an i7 with the budget.

Personally i think this is a very good setup for the price, others might come along and suggest other options or tweak this one.

Plus it gives you the scope to overclock which if you read up is really easy and will increase performance a lot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 103
Does that CPU cooler need a backplate to be fitted? I think it looks a bit tasty and might pick one up if doesnt need one.

Yes im lazy and dont want to pull the mobo out to fit a cooler, before anyone asks.

Does that CPU cooler need a backplate to be fitted? I think it looks a bit tasty and might pick one up if doesnt need one.

Yes im lazy and dont want to pull the mobo out to fit a cooler, before anyone asks.

Yeah it does unfortunately, i use it on my i5 and i run a solid 4ghz all day.

Save it then for when i get a new mobo, as mine isnt really capable of clocking as far as i am aware.

@Sega Mega Dave

thanks

i already have that Case and dont need HDD or DVD Drive :p
Things I already have:

• 1TB Samsung F3 Drive
  • H50 Cooler
  • Coolermaster Case
  • DVD Drive

• Motherboard
  • Processor
  • RAM
  • Graphic Card
  • Power Supply
  • Case (Only if Current one is small for Graphic Card)
  • SSD (maybe but not sure)

As you already have some gear go for a better gpu like a gtx 470.

700build.jpg

No idea whether that CPU cooler is any good, just put it in so that a cooler was accomodated in the budget.

Last edited:
Built a New i7 Pc thanks for the help guys...

now building another one for my brother..

He will be using it for Photoshop.. CS5 or newer version (whenever its out)..

so mostly for gaming and Photoshop

can you guys recommend any good setup?

i read about Sandy Bridge processor problem but scan seems to be doing cheapest deals on them..

Built a New i7 Pc thanks for the help guys...

now building another one for my brother..

He will be using it for Photoshop.. CS5 or newer version (whenever its out)..

so mostly for gaming and Photoshop

can you guys recommend any good setup?

i read about Sandy Bridge processor problem but scan seems to be doing cheapest deals on them..
The processors are fine, the fault is with the motherboards. They will all be recalled and replaced around April time.

so i should stay away from those mobo for now?

any other setup you would recommend?

budget is around £700 can be extended a lit bit not too much.

They are good chips and Intel are sorting the problem out. Either wait for the revised (read: fixed) motherboards to come out (we're talking March/April time) or buy now but bear in mind the issue and that if you want a replacement then you'll have to take the system apart in April.

He'd be looking in the area of a Sandy Bridge CPU, P67 mobo, GTX 560 Ti, 4GB of DDR3(maybe more due to Photoshop), a good 600(ish)W PSU, case of his choice, blu-ray drive (or DVD drive if he has no use for a BD drive) and some storage.

Last edited:
The problem is really with connecting more than 2 sata devices, if you are not planning that - you can get good deal, as resellers trying to get rid of stock.

The problem is really with connecting more than 2 sata devices, if you are not planning that - you can get good deal, as resellers trying to get rid of stock.
Any left over stock will be collected by Intel.

Have you bought your case yet?. Scan have the Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Black Mid Tower on 'today only' for £59 - cracking case from the reviews and a good discount.

Thanks.... I'll order it now...

edit:... Thats the one i already have for my current PC.. might look for something different.

Last edited:
People say avoid SB because of the montherboard probs, but tbh if you get the Asus board you have 6 Sata 3 ports on there. Why would anyone ever use more than SIX sata ports. lol

in your budget and seeing as you have a kick ass cooler you have to overclock!

Sandybridge is fine! the board in the link i suggested has 4xSata3 which are ok anyway, and will be able to RMA in april/may anyway.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use the SATA II ports and even in the future I probably wouldn't RMA because they would be sat empty. Unless ofcourse they will hamper something else which I doubt.

If it was my rig I would personally want it resolved and a new mobo. No way would I want to keep a faulty mobo even if I never thought I would not use the Sata 2 ports. For those that do keep their mobos I think they should get a partial refund from Intel.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom