1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building new PC but forgot....

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Hawkis, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To buy speakers. And it seems that buying speakers is worse than choosing the other components! What's being built and will affect the speakers consists of:

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe SKT478 I875 ATX Sound Gig LAN USB 2.0 FSB800
    P4 3.0GHZ 800FSB SKT478 512Kb Cache Retail Boxed
    Corsair 1024MB (2 x 512MB Matched Pair), DDR400 / PC3200CL3
    Antec Sonata Midi Tower in Piano Black Trupower 380W PSU
    Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB DDR 8x AGP DVi & TV-Out

I will NOT be a gaming much, if at all despite the purchase of the 9800 Pro which might indicate I will! Most important to me is audio sound for MP3's, and general all round sound quality. Would prefer 5.1 as the Mobo has 6 channel sound but again, quality is most important. Used to buying AV equipment for the living room, but speakers for PC's are a mystery to me.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Tony

2. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    I've been impressed with my creative inspire 5300's but then i'm not all that clued up with audio.. if it's loud and clear i'm happy, and these satisfy those criteria!

3. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That does seem to be the case with PC speakers I've found. The speakers on my current set up sound fantastic but I know for a fact they are cheap and nasty. Maybe it's cos of the size of them that they sound good. I might just go and pay £2.50 from E-Buyer for a cheapo pair!!!!

4. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    I just bought some Videologic ZXR-550 5.1 speakers which just plug right into my nForce2 mobo. For less than £50 I'm quite surprised at the clarity. I'd recommend.

5. Acidburn

Acidburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    VideoLogic eh! I brought the next one up the Digitheatre and wooo words cant describe the output! seriously it sounds so clear and has an decoder box for home cinema use. Mp3's sound so clear... MY sister has a pc through a pair of cheapies from maplins and compared to thsi they really do sound kack. DVD (ac3) sounds remarkable... But for the price well I don't know if its come down but it really was worth the money!

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=45002

thats what i purchased and i wouldnt go back to anything else just yet :clap: :thumbsup:

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    A set of Paradigm monitors :)

I run my PC into my Cambridge Audio Hi-Fi amp, better than any PC speakers I have ever used :)

7. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I've not had much luck with PC speakers.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair (non 5.1) that are.........

Small (ish)
    Have bass and treble controls
    Has a headphone socket
    and DO NOT HUM....That's hum as in sound AND smell!

The last pair I had made an annoying, loud hum when turned off and the pair before that absolutley stunk rotten, like mothballs (must have been the glue when the speakers were warm!?)

The pair i've got at the mo sound ok, just too large and lack a headphone socket

Cheers