Building my own TV stand/support :)

goatywoaty

I think im going to have a crack at building my own TV stand with my dad at the weekend :)

Ive got a 42" rear projection toshiba, and my stereo hifi setup against one wall of my room but there is no room for a seperate hifi stand so I think im going to make a stand that will incorporate space for amp, CDP, dvd player and xbox underneath my TV, also it will raise the TV up a bit :). Then the speakers will be on stands on each side of the TV. Needs to find myself stands as well unless I can make some as well!!! :D

I was just wondering if anyone else had built their own stands for whatever purpose, and what materials you have used, mine will be wood I think. Will be popping down to B&Q anyway to see what they have!

MODs if this is in the wrong section, my appologies, I just didnt know where to put it!

Any advice guys? :clap:

Kiran

John

TNT Flexistand is worth checking out . have a look in the DIY section as well
Good luck , don't forget piccies

John

goatywoaty

Hi John,

Thanks for the link, only problem is I dont have room for a hifistand as well as my tv plus the speakers on their stands against that wall...

I will take some pics once its all sorted! :D

Cheers,

Kiran

mjn

Distinguished Member
I used MDF on mine, and it came out a treat! :) Supports my 28" CRT no problem.

John

goatywoaty said:
Hi John,

Thanks for the link, only problem is I dont have room for a hifistand as well as my tv plus the speakers on their stands against that wall...

I will take some pics once its all sorted! :D

Cheers,

Kiran

Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.Must read posts properly.
:D

Ever heard of Oppli . Not quite building your own , but you do have to put it together :rotfl:. Have a look here

John

goatywoaty

:D hehe

Cool I like the look of some of those Ikea stands...look quite snazzy!

I think making my own with my dad might be a tad cheaper though and plus its more fun to make one! If I do decide to make one I will post pics though :thumbsup:

goatywoaty

Hey guys, im really gutted though as buying an amp (Arcam A85) has fallen though because the guy has claimed he dropped it while packing it :(

Dont really know whether to believe him or not but nevertheless im pretty upset about it!

Really wanted to have my hifi setup sorted by the end of next week.

So now the search for amp, cdp and speaker stands continues!

Anyway here is the pic of the stand I made, used Contiboard lol but looks quite nice TBH its worked out well, shame I dont have the correct equipment to fill it! :(

Kiran

Attachments

• piccy.JPG
    piccy.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 225

goatywoaty

Hi John,

It only cost £29 (all the materials plus a screwdriver lol)

we had to buy two sheets of the board (only wasted about 30cms of it as well :))

Got B&Q to cut it all up :)

The boards were about £11.50 each, then we bought woodchip screws, some plastic block things to attatch it together and a phillips screwdriver :D

The wood effect actually looks quite good which surprised me.

I think its nicer to make your own so you can suit it to your own equipment and taste...

mason

Great job mate :thumbsup:

I will be moving house soon and I am looking for a house that will give me a proper cinema room and I plan to make all my own racks and stuff too.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom