Building Black Gold BGT3xxx DVB-T2 Drivers for Linux

at the moment i can not test, but next week i will try to have a look unless someone else say

some time linux keep you in it own directory so you could try cd / then do ls to see if it give you the whole file system
if it does not then you do not have root access so you never see the / directory

cd / worked! Nice one. I don't know why I didn't try that before.

I have now have a directory /usr, but there is no /usr/src directory

Ah, a bit of googling shows that /usr/src is an optional directory, so I decided to make one myself. Unfortunately the /usr area is a read-only file system, so I can't add a directory

mkdir /usr/src
cd /usr/src
if it allows you
opp missed what you said

you may need to learn chmod to change permission like chmod 664 but dont do 777 even thought you can it very dangerous
or see if sudo mkdir /usr/src works

Last edited:
Hi there.
Thought I'd have a go at getting my Blackgold card working in Ubuntu after my machine has started to struggle in Win 10!

I've seen trident01 has had some success and had very helpfully supplied a git hub to his build packages.

It seems to have been down for a while? Is there any other way I can get access to the drivers and your package?
(Am using
sudo git clone http://www.cblinux.co.uk:5010/BGT3xxx

)
Much appreciated
Many thanks
John

not done much on it for a long time as i've been very sick
and i dont get any help on the bug the code has so am sorry if more bug have come in
please say what not working and i try to fix

Many thanks trident01 - that was quick!
Sorry to hear of your illness. Hope things improve soon.
I've 'git cloned' successfully and will try the sh early next week.
Thanks again
John

Hi, I have a BlackGold BGT3620 card that I want to try using under Linux. I gather that this would involve building the driver myself from source - not something I've tried before, but willing to try and I came across this thread while reading about it. I seem to be falling at the first hurdle though:

fatal: unable to access 'http://www.cblinux.co.uk:5010/BGT3xxx/': Failed to connect to www.cblinux.co.uk port 5010: No route to host

Is the repository available anywhere else that I could try, such as github or something?

Hi trident01
So sorry - time is flying by - since you helpfully reinstated the github I have managed to brick my machine (doing something else) and had to rebuild. I was so sure I had backed up the cloned files from your server but cant find them now for the life of me! Would it be at all possible to re-enable
http://git.cblinux.co.uk:5010/Blackgold/BGT3xxx-fork-for-cxd2837.git
Much appreciated

John

Hi,
Has anyone one got a copy of these linux drivers that trident01 supplied as the links are all down.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

sorry my fault will have it fixed today

was doing stuff on my server as i had to change the storage box
so it my fault as i thought it was up

Hi trident01

Many thanks for your very quick response. I so glad you've spent time updating/developing the Black Gold drivers.

Kind regrads

Phil

ok it should be working now
silly ip address change and firewall not pointing to the server

not done anything on this for a long time so sorry if it not working on new linux
if people do find problem and can say i try to look into it soon

I've spent a few hours today modifying the source to be compatible with Linux kernel 5.4, which is included in Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS. I've managed to get it building but cannot test it yet. I plan to borrow one of the two tuner cards in my main server and put it in a test rig to try this out, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to do that. :)

I've spent a few hours today modifying the source to be compatible with Linux kernel 5.4, which is included in Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS. I've managed to get it building but cannot test it yet. I plan to borrow one of the two tuner cards in my main server and put it in a test rig to try this out, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to do that. :)

if you got this to build, I'd be interested in giving it a go. I have a machine with a card in that I can boot from a live usb stick and build the module. I tried to build this source against the ubuntu 20.04 5.4 kernel at the weekend and was saddened at my inability to fix even the implicit definition of i2c_somethingorother issue that I was getting.

Cherry-picking this commit should be all you need. I'm currently running this build using kernel 4.15 and it seems to be working. I can build it on kernel 5.4 but I haven't tested if it works yet.

so am i right to say you changes are need for 4.15 and up in kernel
if so i will do the change for them from your code

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom